Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guillem Balague " My understanding is that Leo Messi and Guardiola haven't spoken. There has been plenty of interest in Messi but he has taken this step without having confirmed anything with anyone yet. And yes, that he really really wants to leave. This is not a negotiation or a power battle "

I believe this too. I think no way does Barcelona FC want to go to court with Messi. City and Barca reach an agreement and he plays for City next season in front of zero fans (actually I believe Covid is coming to an end but that is a separate topic).

There's going to be some crazy hype. I wasn't keen on signing him but it would at the same time be great for see him in a City shirt for a final swansong.

If City want him, I am certain he will come to City, it's just a question of reaching a compromise agreement with barcelona. It is also pretty clear that barcelona instigated this and know that to start the rebuilding of Barcelona. That should be a warning to what will be a legion of excited City fans.

I'd be very happy to come to an agreement with Barca as long as that agreement doesn't involve Jesus. If they pressed hard enough I suppose they can have Bernardo.

For all the terrible shit going on in the USA, with wildfires burning all around me, my kids starting online school and in it for the foreseeable future, power outages all over Northern California and getting literally no sleep the night before, a day when the greatest player I've ever seen (save Pele) actually looks like he maybe could come to li'l ol' City, Harry Maguire goes to jail, and I randomly draft City and Atalanta in my 2020-21 European goals-scored pool is a bright, bright ray of sunshine through the smoke.

Seems Covid has driven the world mad. First there's that crazy stuff in Greece, and now Messi wants to leave Barcelona, and according to some reports he wants to play for City??

According to press reports Koeman told Messi that “your privileges here are over”, and that his friend Suarez was being released. I believe that Messi is being shown the door by Barcelona. It seems to me that Barcelona have deliberately provoked this situation and they want to rebuild Barcelona without Messi and will try and salvage what they can. The contractual situation looks a mess and it's hard to know where a court would stand without knowing the exact wording but I suspect that Barcelona would not want to go to war with the player and will try and reach an agreement with a buyer with a compromise fee.

A buying club will have a huge PR coup, but the fact remains that his powers on the pitch are much reduced. That's sad but it is true. The question is what level can Messi now operate at? It is an open question. Could Messi in a City shirt win a title? It would be a mission indeed. To be honest this is all a circus and I don't think it's really good for City's footballing fortunes, although for a while it would be a marketing coup.

To make the whole thing even more farcical we can not even watch Messi in a City shirt because of the crazy virus.
Messi would prolly be the best City player and the best PL player.

Highly doubt we'd go anywhere near that amount. Can't see us getting him if he's not on a free or we're talking more of a sweetener rather than smashing our transfer record. A big fee ontop of the package for Messi seems impossible to me
Real Madrid sold Cristiano Ronaldo for 100 M. I think it is something around that sum Barça will agree to sell.

And there is nooooo wayyyyy at alll that City will refuse to pay if Messi is available !

Seems Covid has driven the world mad. First there's that crazy stuff in Greece, and now Messi wants to leave Barcelona, and according to some reports he wants to play for City??

According to press reports Koeman told Messi that “your privileges here are over”, and that his friend Suarez was being released. I believe that Messi is being shown the door by Barcelona. It seems to me that Barcelona have deliberately provoked this situation and they want to rebuild Barcelona without Messi and will try and salvage what they can. The contractual situation looks a mess and it's hard to know where a court would stand without knowing the exact wording but I suspect that Barcelona would not want to go to war with the player and will try and reach an agreement with a buyer with a compromise fee.

A buying club will have a huge PR coup, but the fact remains that his powers on the pitch are much reduced. That's sad but it is true. The question is what level can Messi now operate at? It is an open question. Could Messi in a City shirt win a title? It would be a mission indeed. To be honest this is all a circus and I don't think it's really good for City's footballing fortunes, although for a while it would be a marketing coup.

To make the whole thing even more farcical we can not even watch Messi in a City shirt because of the crazy virus.

Powers are reduced mate no doubt he’s not as quick as he was.31 goals and 20 odd assists still though. He’ll be the most skilful player in the league, best finisher, dribbler, free kick taker and passer so don’t worry about his contribution.

For all the terrible shit going on in the USA, with wildfires burning all around me, my kids starting online school and in it for the foreseeable future, power outages all over Northern California and getting literally no sleep the night before, a day when the greatest player I've ever seen (save Pele) actually looks like he maybe could come to li'l ol' City, Harry Maguire goes to jail, and I randomly draft City and Atalanta in my 2020-21 European goals-scored pool is a bright, bright ray of sunshine through the smoke.
At least you're in San Fran!

Apart from that just take in this moment in time. Even if it doesn't happen, its still incredible that City is at this level.

Powers are reduced mate no doubt he’s not as quick as he was.31 goals and 20 odd assists still though. He’ll be the most skilful player in the league, best finisher, dribbler, free kick taker and passer so don’t worry about his contribution.
Crazy how people underrate him here.

I don't know if it is the PL bias but Messi is an insane player. You'll see he is a different breed from your other world class players.

We had the same feeling with Neymar (Messi-lite) compared to our other top players (Mbappé and co.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.