Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t fathom why Messi would see PSG as a suitable challenge?! Plus there can be no way they can afford to pay mbappe, Messi and neymar what they need to with the revenues in the French league and FFP!?

If messi really wants a big change it has to be the premier league
Anything else is is treading water
The premier league is the biggest, most watched, high profile league in the world
At PSG he will be forgotten until the big champions league games
In the premier league he would be on show every single week worldwide
Look at neymar now, he wanted to be number one on the world and isn’t close to even number one at PSG

Does Griezmann have any value given his salary?

Greizmann salary is reported to be be like £800k a week & his contract runs till summer 2024 so he’s not really motivated to take a cut.

Very few clubs could afford his salary, and any deal I suspect would be structured as a signing on bonus of £70m paid over 3/4 years plus £350k weekly salary (which rough equates to what he’s earning now) i can’t see any club willing to pay a transfer fee on top of this.

The Issue with Barcelona is not just that they bought badly but they have a team on very high salaries which means they have effectively zero transfer value.

Obviously if his salary is lower a deal become more possible but it was rumoured he was available in the January transfer window but there was no buyers, as such even if his salary is lower Barcelona arent like to get much if any money in for him.
If barca need to get him out. It will be at a cut price offer

Did no one watch PSG v Barca last night then? He had the entire Barcelona team running for him while he walked. Then when the ball arrives he sprints. It's unworkable for a side that wants to win the Premier League. The entire side would have have to be built around him and I can not see Pep wanting to disrupt his side for this. He scored a great goal from distance when he was given space but when in tight areas he can be closed down. Barca literally look for him every time they have the ball and when he's walking it's simply easy to defend against.

The sides with two of the greatest players of our generation both went out in the last 16 because their sides have been unbalanced by these superstars.

Did no one watch PSG v Barca last night then? He had the entire Barcelona team running for him while he walked. Then when the ball arrives he sprints. It's unworkable for a side that wants to win the Premier League. The entire side would have have to be built around him and I can not see Pep wanting to disrupt his side for this. He scored a great goal from distance when he was given space but when in tight areas he can be closed down. Barca literally look for him every time they have the ball and when he's walking it's simply easy to defend against.

The sides with two of the greatest players of our generation both went out in the last 16 because their sides have been unbalanced by these superstars.

That’s the problem with having one truly great player. They can be crowded out.

At City he’ll have other brilliant players around him meaning he can flourish to a higher level.

They wouldn’t just be able to focus on Messi because then there’s players like De Bruyne, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden etc.

The opposition won’t know who to pick up and that extra space Messi gets will allow him to perform even more so.

"The sides with two of the greatest players of our generation both went out in the last 16 because their sides have been unbalanced by these superstars."

No, they went out because the rest of the squad is shite. Both have handicapped themselves by failing to put together competitive squads and focused on spending money on shit.

Combined between Juve and Barca, take out Messi and Ronaldo. Who gets in our starting 11? for me, Frenkie DeJong and even that would be a tough one with the form of Gundogan at the minute.

"The sides with two of the greatest players of our generation both went out in the last 16 because their sides have been unbalanced by these superstars."

No, they went out because the rest of the squad is shite. Both have handicapped themselves by failing to put together competitive squads and focused on spending money on shit.

Combined between Juve and Barca, take out Messi and Ronaldo. Who gets in our starting 11? for me, Frenkie DeJong and even that would be a tough one with the form of Gundogan at the minute.
My only concern with that would be to what extent they have handicapped themselves financially by paying Messi 1 million a week and the knock on effect to other players contracts, similarly with ronaldo at Juve. I have confidence we are run so well that this wouldnt happen to us, but it clearly has to Barca.

My only concern with that would be to what extent they have handicapped themselves financially by paying Messi 1 million a week and the knock on effect to other players contracts, similarly with ronaldo at Juve. I have confidence we are run so well that this wouldnt happen to us, but it clearly has to Barca.
Thats fair enough, I dont see that being an issue. Messi will be here for a short while and we have the squad to give him the send off he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.