Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny given that Bartomeu stopped Messi from leaving insisting that Messi had to see out his contact.

Well all Leo is doing now is just that…and the nearer he gets to the end date the more the pressure moves off Messi and onto Barca. No chance of any fee being paid by anyone now and more chance Barca have to pay him a good amount to re-sign with them. Perhaps a loyalty fee and an additIonal signing on fee

In under a week he is a free agent. He could stay or he could go but either way Barca will pay a penalty for the way they treated him a few months back.

Imagine no Messi no Champions League and broke.

5 days indeed.

Last edited:
I dont think it changes much. I can see Fernandinho signing a new contract 2 weeks after his current one expires in 5 days.

5 days

they really are cutting it close...looks like all those tweets from the twatterarty about it being completed midweek were wrong....now there is a surprise

It’s funny given that Bartomeu stopped Messi from leaving insisting that Messi had to see out his contact.

Well all Leo is doing now is just that…and the nearer he gets to the end date the more the pressure moves off Messi and onto Barca. No chance of any fee being paid by anyone now and more chance Barca have to pay him a good amount to re-sign with them. Perhaps a loyalty fee and an additIonal signing on fee

In under a week he is a free agent. He could stay or he could go but either way Barca will pay a penalty for the way they treated him a few months back.

Imagine no Messi no Champions League and broke.

5 days indeed.

I do think he's going to stay at Barca but I do find what's happening odd given the noises that are coming out about it all being agreed.

Despite that supposedly being the case, the best player in the world is going to be out of contract in 5 days. It's madness and speaks to the mess that Barca are in at the moment.

He wanted to leave last Summer because the manager and squad wasn't elite enough to challenge in Europe and what have they done to rectify that? Kept Koeman and gone bargain-shopping.

Aguero is obviously class and I hesitate to say anything negative about the legend but he's on the wain and can't be trusted injury-wise.

Depay is...good but Barca class and enough to warrant Messi looking at him and thinking 'fuck me I need to stay now'..?

Garcia is Garcia.

If his mood/ambition is the same as it was a year ago then he shouldn't be at Barca next season but I just feel like he won't ever go. Last Summer felt like the time and Bart stopped it.

I do think he's going to stay at Barca but I do find what's happening odd given the noises that are coming out about it all being agreed.

Despite that supposedly being the case, the best player in the world is going to be out of contract in 5 days. It's madness and speaks to the mess that Barca are in at the moment.

He wanted to leave last Summer because the manager and squad wasn't elite enough to challenge in Europe and what have they done to rectify that? Kept Koeman and gone bargain-shopping.

Aguero is obviously class and I hesitate to say anything negative about the legend but he's on the wain and can't be trusted injury-wise.

Depay is...good but Barca class and enough to warrant Messi looking at him and thinking 'fuck me I need to stay now'..?

Garcia is Garcia.

If his mood/ambition is the same as it was a year ago then he shouldn't be at Barca next season but I just feel like he won't ever go. Last Summer felt like the time and Bart stopped it.
You are correct. The thing that people misunderstand is that Messi wasn’t bluffing, using us,or part of a big conspiracy. Nor did he bottle it as people endlessly say. As you mention Bart stopped it and a lot has changed since then.

Whatever happens Barca are in an unimaginable mess of their own making and it makes you wonder if it’s a good model for a historically great club.

Last edited:
Barca's finance team have worked the miracle somehow.....
Might be a bit early for that… Barca are far from being out of the woods. I often wonder why they don’t get a stadium sponsor, they would make a lot from that and bit the bullet with a shirt sponsor a while ago.

You are correct. The thing that people misunderstand is that Messi wasn’t bluffing, using us,or part of a big conspiracy. Nor did he bottle it as people endlessly say. As you mention Bart stopped it and a lot has changed since then.

Whatever happens Barca are in an unimaginable mess of their own making and it makes you wonder if it’s a good model for a historically great club.

They're desperate to keep the guy so much that they're openly - and have been for years - fucking the whole club over financially to do so. It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.