Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think he will end up at PSG. I understand when people put up footballing reasons about why he should come here but it must be quite enticing to play with Neymar again add in Mbappe and living in Paris it doesn't sound too shabby at the end of his career. It seems to be universally accepted that the PL is a harder more physical league does he want that at this stage in his career. Everything around him at Barca is a shit show at the moment so I can see the appeal of PSG he also has as good a chance of winning the CL with them as us. I don't have any proof of course but my gut says they would pay him more than us as well. I know this is trivial but how often do things change over little things but I read his wife is obsessed with fashion it may be an easier sell to get her to uproot to Paris because of that. Messi is in a position that he has nothing to prove he will always be the greatest footballer in most peoples eyes I can see why people think he should come to us but I can understand the reasoning behind it if he chooses Ligue 1.

I just think, cynically, that it'll get sorted. The world always bends over backwards for millionaires. Barcelona are Barcelona. Something will happen to appease them.
You are probably right but we then have the small problem of Barca owing 1.5 billion with. much of it owed in short term loans so how can that be solved..?

Messi doesn't want us or he'd already be here. He is waiting to extract every last pesata out of his cash strapped club before committing to another contract with them. Shows the absolute measure of the greedy bastard and one of the reasons I've never wanted him. You'd think he'd gladly sign for them to help them out given their predicament seeing as he's been loyal to them all his career.

Didn’t matter how many ringers they had, Maccabi had their number… well occasionally at least…. Astro were the ones that had the most ringers thanks to Gus Wilson and the Hyde links.
Gus is a good pal of mine, grew up a stone throw from us, I managed to catch up with him and Clive recently, both look early 40s...

Rob snr had, let’s just say, every edgy kid going in his teams, we won most games without kicking a ball (:, it wasn’t a long lasting team but we won pretty much everything over a couple of years, then we all filtered off, I went to Fletcher Moss from there!

I just think, cynically, that it'll get sorted. The world always bends over backwards for millionaires. Barcelona are Barcelona. Something will happen to appease them.
Laliga can't afford for a weak Barca and no Messi.

The drain of talent can't continue and in my opinion it won't be allowed to in terms of Messi leaving.

Compromises will be made, as you quite rightly say, the rules for the rich, wealthy and famous are different, always have been and always will.

Which posters have said that he prefers signing for us than stay at Barca?
He might want to stay at Barca but Barca can't afford him, if we believe the headlines!
There were some people here who said exactly that - that messi would join us because we're a better project and he wouldn't wanna stay at barca and not win trophies, and even questioned that he "loves barca"

The World is bigger than football. People want to get paid, much richer people than Barca ever were, let alone now, and this isn’t going away. That’s my take right now. The ESL was realistically their best chance which is why they are risking UCL elimination claiming they are still in it.

If he wanted to stay, no matter what, he wouldn’t be a free agent now and all the additional trouble that has caused Barca now.

Incidentally it’s interesting that, according to TH, City knew he would let his contract run out.

At the very least there is a chance he doesn’t go back particularly with the repercussions for his Foundation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.