Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
because they actually cannot afford him? I thought it was that simple.
I could be misunderstanding the situation but at the moment they can't even register him as he would be a new signing due to his contract expiring but if he had signed he would at least be part of the team and then they could have worked on sorting the selling of other players as they are doing now. I could be wrong though as you read so many differing things from different journalists.

If Messi decides to stay in Barcelona I would just want to know the reason why ?
Not the media bullshit loyalty and what not - His own personal reasons. And i know I won't be getting that answer.

A finished debilitating club who is trying hard to survive with a subpar manager and a recent humiliating number of results in the last 3 4 years. Also players who want to stay only for the mine. Presidents who can't move beyond politics and the leaks about his salary to the press by few of them.

After giving them his everything. He could have left at the age of 30 31 , gone to a new league and created a chasm between everyone and himself as the greatest ever. he has not won the ucl in 5 years now and even la liga is not a certainty.

Just makes me wonder
It shocks me to read comments like this on a fan forum. How can people not understand loving a club as a reason to wanna play for them? Do you think football is nothing but business or a sport to these players? How can you not understand that he loves barca, played there his whole life, and want to stay there and help them rebuild themselves?

based on the fact that it seems like as though he has agreed a deal with a significant paycut and with the team clearly not being competitive enough to win the champions league and maybe not even la liga, i just cant see why he would stay if he wanted a good sporting project

Based on what does THAT seem to be the case?

bizarrely theres a news report suggesting messi is staying, even though there hasnt been any significant changes to their wage bill

translation:
-Messi will continue in the Football Club Barcelona
-LaLiga has authorized its registration and the stumbling block with the salary bill has been overcome
-PSG still hopes to convince him, but his father's agreement with Laporta is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.