Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me Barca are giving Corrie and Eastenders a run for their money with the farce coming from them.
It's getting quite tedious and maybe if that goggled eyed prick Nick Harris was really concerned about football and debt and FFP then he'd be all over this Barca debacle.

Hey Manimanc

in a way this is the most transparent effect of FFP, exacerbated by the La Liga rules on salary and transfer spend.

Prior to the pandemic, Barca had the largest cap in Spain's top flight; €671 million in 19/20. The limit for the 2020-21 season was €382.7m and Barca were given some leeway in terms of reducing salaries. We are all reading now how difficult it is for them to shift their ridiculously high earners or impose salary reductions.

Barca have made their own noose. Messi's most recent four-year deal, signed in 2017, was worth over €500m including his annual wage, signing on fees and bonuses. They really should have sold him or cleared the ground with their supporters to let him go.

As burning blue soul writes above it’s no wonder Barca continue to chase the ESL - it’s their only way out.

And no wonder Teabag is so bitter. He looks across at the Prem Lge and sees the money the English clubs are raking in. There is no salary cap formula in place (yet), the scum have just spent £73m. In France PSG are signing players for fun. City are reportedly poised to invest in two stellar signings. It is a really uneven playing field made worse by Barca’s suicidal Planning.

it’s great to watch yet I wrote two weeks ago that Tebag, Barca and Real are desperate. Desperate people do desperate things. They have a lot of influence. Watch this space.

its looking like messi will be allowed to train with barca while not being officially contracted to them, he just won't be able to play any games until the contract is announced and is registered

its a bit like kun, garcia and depay who are officially contracted but are not registered in la liga yet

complete shambles

Excellent thread, as always, about Barca's financial situation here by the Swiss Ramble:

Just a quick question really, do you think they are going to be helped out of their fix or are we seeing the end of them for a few years?

The cynic in me tells me that the footballing gods will allow them a lot of leeway and they'll continue even though they are saddled with all that apparent unserviceable debt, my reasoning being that to continue to make money they have to find another Messi?

its looking like messi will be allowed to train with barca while not being officially contracted to them, he just won't be able to play any games until the contract is announced and is registered

its a bit like kun, garcia and depay who are officially contracted but are not registered in la liga yet

complete shambles

I know it’ll be the case that he’ll train with them but to me it sounds ridiculous that it’s just presumed that he can/will!

Just a quick question really, do you think they are going to be helped out of their fix or are we seeing the end of them for a few years?

The cynic in me tells me that the footballing gods will allow them a lot of leeway and they'll continue even though they are saddled with all that apparent unserviceable debt, my reasoning being that to continue to make money they have to find another Messi?
Yeah, I think you're probably right. They'll find a way to get through this.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. They'll find a way to get through this.
Surely all the other La Liga clubs will be keeping a close eye on this.
If Barca get any leeway,they're all gonna want the same.
Tebas got his hands full,sorting this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.