Lionel Messi.......

mcfc_die_hard

Is he the best that has ever lived?

Im only young so i havnt seen much of the maradonas and pele etc but from what i can gather messi is one of the best that has ever lived.

Imo he will never leave barca and they dont need to sell him. I wud cream my pants if we ever signed him.

Ultimate proffesional

Nowhere near the best ever...

maradonna
Best
Pele
Zico
Cruyff

There have been so many truly great players over the years and because of this and the way football has changed, they can't be compared against each other.

For example, would Messi be able to take the beatings that Pele received?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIWjPGG8fDY[/youtube]

The best player I've ever seen was Marco Van Basten. It was such a pity his career was cut so short. He had everything, left foot, right foot, head a ball, pace and skill
He actually is someone who's youtube vid doesn't flatter because he was that good

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KysjEyRsZ_k[/youtube]

levets said:

maradonna
Best
Pele
Zico
Cruyff

An impressive list ....

however why is the great West German striker , Gerd Muller , never included in lists like these?

This guy scored 489 goals in only 565 club games throughout his career ....... and he also bagged 68 goals in 62 internationals .....

Absolutely Phenomonal.

Upon checking , it would appear that only five other players have EVER bettered that strike rate ...... and from your list only the great Pele is amongst them ........ the other four being Puskas , Eusebio , Nazario and Di Stefano.

black mamba said:
levets said:

maradonna
Best
Pele
Zico
Cruyff

An impressive list ....

however why is the great West German striker , Gerd Muller , never included in lists like these?

This guy scored 489 goals in only 565 club games throughout his career ....... and he also bagged 68 goals in 62 internationals .....

has anyone , ever , equalled that?

Absolutely Phenomonal.

And Muller was always critisised for having no pace. If he played for us now, even with that record, the posters on here would have a field day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.