Lionel Messi.......

lol @ best player ever.
messi isn't even better than RONALDO (brazilian) in his prime.

another lol @ whoever said pele was overrated... fukcing crazy.

messi is the best around, but the best ever?.... ner

if you look at the differences in conditions between the 60s/ 70s and now, the likes of messi would struggle. the pitches were either rock hard, or bogs, and to get a free kick, an attempt on your life had to be made!

given todays conditions, god knows how good pele etc could have been.

BlueBoy2010 said:
Surely Dixie Dean is up there? 60 league goals in a season (82 including cup games)

Phenomenal achievement

those dippers do have some history really

Messi is on a different planet from those mentioned & the Best is yet to come as he is only 22 . The amount of times he gets hacked down only to jump srtight up again puts many in the Prem to shame

mcfc_die_hard said:
Pigeonho said:
This. He, (tranny), is awesom, its very simple really. The perfect footballing specimen. Over 6ft, strong, very skillful and has a perfect shot on him. Add his pace to that and you have what it says on the tin, the perfect footballing specimen and the fact he has done it in the toughest league in the world and is doing it in the most technical league in the world puts him ahead of Messi for me. Until Messi comes to united and does it, (he will never sign for us or anyone smaller than united over here), he can't claim to be the best.

Sorry pal but it doesnt matter how big you are. Messi has got a low sense of gravity and therefor makes him better at staying on his feet that ronaldo. Both world class superstars but messi's attitude is miles better. Look at tranny for instance, they was struggling in the second leg against Lyon and then ronaldo just didnt show up he tried but failed. Messi doesnt fail he is the ultimate player and is worth well over 250 million

I'll give you the attitude bit mate.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Pigeonho said:
This. He, (tranny), is awesom, its very simple really. The perfect footballing specimen. Over 6ft, strong, very skillful and has a perfect shot on him. Add his pace to that and you have what it says on the tin, the perfect footballing specimen and the fact he has done it in the toughest league in the world and is doing it in the most technical league in the world puts him ahead of Messi for me. Until Messi comes to united and does it, (he will never sign for us or anyone smaller than united over here), he can't claim to be the best.

Sorry pal but it doesnt matter how big you are. Messi has got a low sense of gravity and therefor makes him better at staying on his feet that ronaldo. Both world class superstars but messi's attitude is miles better. Look at tranny for instance, they was struggling in the second leg against Lyon and then ronaldo just didnt show up he tried but failed. Messi doesnt fail he is the ultimate player and is worth well over 250 million

tbf though, when was the last time you saw Ronaldo fall over. its not like hes not good at staying on his feet (unless hes diving)

its hard to compare the two but i reckon messi is a more valuable player in terms of a team

ive always thought that players of old would struggle today because of the way the game has changed. players are fitter and the game is a lot faster

I was actually speechless watching Lionel last night, I've never seen anything like him, I remember when he first started at the age of 18 my Dad said he'd be awesome. Since August 2008 that man alone has scored 72 goals, SEVENTY TWO GOALS!!!! How the living feck is that possible?!?!

S.E.H said:
I was actually speechless watching Lionel last night, I've never seen anything like him, I remember when he first started at the age of 18 my Dad said he'd be awesome. Since August 2008 that man alone has scored 72 goals, SEVENTY TWO GOALS!!!! How the living feck is that possible?!?!

Its more than a decent return, as was the tranny's 40 haul in one season, in a tougher league too. I can't seperate Messi and the Tranny in terms of who i'd rather have, cos on one hand we all know the tranny would be a dead cert in delivering the goods in this league, whereas Messi is untried. Then on the other hand though it would be the biggest and most jaw-dropping signing in the world if we got Messi. On that basis then I think what she really do is not go after either of them and go back for a now aged Martin Buster Phillips.

Pigeonho said:
Messi is an odd one. Obviously he's up there with the current best, but for me i'd unfortunately have to say the Tranny is the best player at the minute. Messi doesn't seem to be able to do it on the international scene, but that could be down to his bankrupt, drug fuelled manager. He no doubt has class, but unless you do it for club and country, you can't be called THEE best.
Can you please tell me what the Tranny has ever done on the international scene?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.