Lionel Messi.......

briand said:
c4lv3rt said:
Doesn't he have a redicolous buy out clause? Like 250 million or somthing like that!!

Didn't no that mate. £250 mill is a tad bit too much for even the magician Messi. But even if we bid that much would they actually sell. Me still thinks not.
Unfortunately i agree he will be with the catalans as long as he is playing :(
We should still get a sneaky bid in IF we get 4th
CTID

It is remarkable though that in the last 20 years, only one player playing in England won the FIFA World Player of the Year award: Ronaldo.
But Spain does best: Messi, Zidane, Ronaldinho, the real Ronaldo, Romario, Figo, Rivaldo; some of them more than once.

levets said:
Nowhere near the best ever...

maradonna
Best
Pele
Zico
Cruyff
MARADONA-THE BEST EVER AT THE WC LEVEL
MARADONA-THE BEST EVER AT THE CLUB LEVEL
SINGLEHANDEDLY, AT TIMES he BOOTSTRAPPED his team, to Leagues Titles, Trophies and Cups. Yes World Cup!
My main criterion having followed football throughout the ages, good times & bad times, and across continents worldwide and following those above.
Mssrs Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo is a work in progress. My opinion may change after SA WC. I have a soft spot for Best too. Yes he should be up there too. Just too bad he suffered from too much ' wine, women & song', instead of bootstrapping his team.

I think Messi is the best. All the talk of comparing players from different eras or not, I mean Cruyff for example is a real favourite of mine but if one could put Messi against any team in the 70's and they wouldn't know what had hit them.
My judgement might not be fair since I've only really seen clips of some of the older guys, but Messi is certainly the best player I've ever seen.

He doesn't have the achivements of Maradona just yet though. Maradona was a god for the Argentina side, while people often complain about Messi for not showing his absolute best in the national team. Messi still has another 3, maybe 4 world cups in him though. If one is to measure this guy by any normal standards then he should be at his peak around the time of Brazil 2014. Heh, just imagine a Brazil - Argentina final, in Brazil...what an absolute landmark that would be.
(200 000 people were at the "final" between Brazil and Uruguay in 1950).

GoForGlory said:
I think Messi is the best. All the talk of comparing players from different eras or not, I mean Cruyff for example is a real favourite of mine but if one could put Messi against any team in the 70's and they wouldn't know what had hit them.
My judgement might not be fair since I've only really seen clips of some of the older guys, but Messi is certainly the best player I've ever seen.

He doesn't have the achivements of Maradona just yet though. Maradona was a god for the Argentina side, while people often complain about Messi for not showing his absolute best in the national team. Messi still has another 3, maybe 4 world cups in him though. If one is to measure this guy by any normal standards then he should be at his peak around the time of Brazil 2014. Heh, just imagine a Brazil - Argentina final, in Brazil...what an absolute landmark that would be.
(200 000 people were at the "final" between Brazil and Uruguay in 1950).

HAHA, can't really say that though, football is evolving, players will get better as time goes on, you put Pele in his prime in the Prem now, he's b all over the place.

Barcelona V Osasuna on Sky Sports 3 now. Nice way to kill some time before our game watching Messi

i personally hope we pay anything to see this guy in a city shirt.....players like this don,t come along very often.......

riley347 said:
i personally hope we pay anything to see this guy in a city shirt.....players like this don,t come along very often.......

To be honest I can't ever see him playing for us or any English club, at least not before he is into his mid-thirties anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.