Lionel Messi

Unfortunately this is part of what football has become.
And what football wants more and more is idiots like this who attend different games because they like .
I won't put support because it's not.

But like certain players.
Go to a ground visit the shop buy an over sized football Jersey because it looks American.
Take a wank video and put it on twattic ot what ever so a load more morons watch and then they do the same.
Ticket prices will go up every year.
Real fans will be push more and more to the side .
Look when we scored yesterday more tourists at the front than at Disney world
Agree with you and 'Hertsblue'.. this recent, social-media driven iteration of football 'supportership' (forgive me for that one..!) drives me batty. It's fundamental to Messi's continued (and to my mind, undeserved} success at award ceremonies during the past year or so.. as much as I love him as a player etc, you can tell that the media support/campaigns have been part of that success, campaigns which reflect this recent obsession with personality.

Donkey's years ago I spoke with a bar owner when on holiday in Tuscany. He was from Milan and had supported Inter all of his life. Seeing the Inter paraphernalia on the wall as he served us, I told him that his team was my 'Italian team', so we got talking. During the chat he touched on this very subject of being a supporter and how players in Italy seemed to swap clubs, even neighbouring, rival clubs, more readily than our players in England did.

I found it interesting to hear him say words to the effect of 'We don't teach our kids to follow a player.. we teach them to follow our shirt'. It was the first time I ever heard that expression. And I think it should still be the watchword for truly following whichever club it is that somehow gets into one's DNA/blood/taken in with Mother's milk and so on.. We've enough mercenaries among the players on the pitch nowadays without the fans getting involved!!

Agree with you and 'Hertsblue'.. this recent, social-media driven iteration of football 'supportership' (forgive me for that one..!) drives me batty. It's fundamental to Messi's continued (and to my mind, undeserved} success at award ceremonies during the past year or so.. as much as I love him as a player etc, you can tell that the media support/campaigns have been part of that success, campaigns which reflect this recent obsession with personality.

Donkey's years ago I spoke with a bar owner when on holiday in Tuscany. He was from Milan and had supported Inter all of his life. Seeing the Inter paraphernalia on the wall as he served us, I told him that his team was my 'Italian team', so we got talking. During the chat he touched on this very subject of being a supporter and how players in Italy seemed to swap clubs, even neighbouring, rival clubs, more readily than our players in England did.

I found it interesting to hear him say words to the effect of 'We don't teach our kids to follow a player.. we teach them to follow our shirt'. It was the first time I ever heard that expression. And I think it should still be the watchword for truly following whichever club it is that somehow gets into one's DNA/blood/taken in with Mother's milk and so on.. We've enough mercenaries among the players on the pitch nowadays without the fans getting involved!!
Yeah but you get football fans...

And then these people that are fans of social media and all the other shit that goes with it.

They aren't football fans, they are celebrity spotters. If it wasn't for that game they would have been trying to get autographs outside a film premier or watching the kardashians

I'm only here cos of Niall Quinn, Terry Phelan, Richard Dunne, Mark Kennedy, Shay Given, Wilo Flood and Stephen Ireland. All the rest of the players, including the current crop, are shit.

(Notice that I did not mention Alan Kernaghan. I wish I could mention Jack Grealish who chose to be shit.)
I only came here for Alan Kernaghan myself...;) But I was always a wrong 'un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.