Lionel Messi

Just watched highlights of Inter Miami’s last few matches and I have to say, there is almost always something that feels a tad bit off about Messi’s goals/chances. It more often than not feels like his shots (and the keeper) are moving in slow motion. And opposition defenders seem to lose the will to mark him at times. There were several occasions when the two or three defenders in the box had only Messi to mark and somehow all of them, in unison, decided to slowly break in to a nice sieve formation and look toward the player on the wing with the ball, completely ignoring arguable the greatest player of all time standing literally bone still three yards from them. Then Messi is back in midfield in possession and all of the defenders are suddenly prime Maldini, man-marking everyone in and around the box wearing a pink/white shirt, including Luis Suarez. Almost like they are told to give him space when he is near goal and then just try to their best to block his shots to make things look legitimate.

I am probably just making it all up, but a lot of his chances just seem slightly suspect, in ways that chances for his team mates don’t. Of the goals his teammates scored, most were genuinely decent goals (a few even quite good), whilst his usually involved some ridiculously bad defending and/or keeping. And not in the “only Messi could make this happen” sort of way. In the “are we sure this isn’t Italian football” sort of way.

You are absolutely making it up.

Just watched highlights of Inter Miami’s last few matches and I have to say, there is almost always something that feels a tad bit off about Messi’s goals/chances. It more often than not feels like his shots (and the keeper) are moving in slow motion. And opposition defenders seem to lose the will to mark him at times. There were several occasions when the two or three defenders in the box had only Messi to mark and somehow all of them, in unison, decided to slowly break in to a nice sieve formation and look toward the player on the wing with the ball, completely ignoring arguable the greatest player of all time standing literally bone still three yards from them. Then Messi is back in midfield in possession and all of the defenders are suddenly prime Maldini, man-marking everyone in and around the box wearing a pink/white shirt, including Luis Suarez. Almost like they are told to give him space when he is near goal and then just try to their best to block his shots to make things look legitimate.

I am probably just making it all up, but a lot of his chances just seem slightly suspect, in ways that chances for his team mates don’t. Of the goals his teammates scored, most were genuinely decent goals (a few even quite good), whilst his usually involved some ridiculously bad defending and/or keeping. And not in the “only Messi could make this happen” sort of way. In the “are we sure this isn’t Italian football” sort of way.
I couldn't imagine sport been faked in America to make it more interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.