Little gems to visit in the UK

We saw that on the way out but we went early on tide watch and were on and off by 12:30, it was a great walk, do you know what the deal is with all the stones in stacks after the castle?

They look like people have just done it themselves but I wondered if there was a greater significance.

I built 4 as I am a sad fucker lol
Yeah the kids built some as well, not a clue what they are though

Camping in the New Forest? Some beautiful villages there, Beaulieu and it's little village, motor museum and abbey, Bucklers Hard, Lymington, Hurst Castle...very nice place for a few days.
Did that this year, did Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst, never seen so many wild horses in my life

For a weekend, or even just a day if you’re not too far - Haworth. There’s a lovely pub called The Fleece with accommodation. Quirky shops, couple more pubs and a fairly new IPA/craft beer bar.

Lovely little place.

The Fife coast. St Andrews (great beach and golf) and also picturesque fishing villages/towns - Anstruther, Pittemweem, Crail etc. Very under rated part of Scotland and well worth a visit - not overrun by tourists.

We did indeed see them, noticed one had a look of droopy eye about it, when we watched there was a kid feeding and the sealion slid out onto the orange raft thing to grab the fish.

Almost immediately set about by seagulls the true rats of the air
Yeah even for adults its fun to see isnt it

Also tickled me that we went from berwick where they have a soft geordie accent, to 10 mile up the road to eyemouth where they have strong scottish accent

Yeah even for adults its fun to see isnt it

Also tickled me that we went from berwick where they have a soft geordie accent, to 10 mile up the road to eyemouth where they have strong scottish accent
Yes, you say hi to other dog walkers and you don't know what accent is coming back at you.

Where I am staying you drive in a reasonably straight line to Berwick and you change countries at least three times:)

I am officially in a Scottish village.

Some great towns along the coast, Tynemouth has a great chippy, Longsands, enjoy your trip mate.
Love the coast up from Tynemouth; the unpromising sounding Seaton Sluice has one of the best views in the country from the Kings Arms, and Whitley Bay is transformed.

Almost anywhere in this country is worth a visit, apart from Maidenhead (prove me wrong).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.