LIVE UPDATE - MIDDLESBROUGH WEATHER

Set off about an hour ago and I've just got back in.

Travelled about 5 miles and the snow is so bad that the police are closing the roads. No grit, sheets of ice, the roads are treacherous.

I doubt I'd have made it to Boro, and I certainly suspect I wouldn't have made it back home tonight... so I've decided to play safe instead.

Let's hope Shadygiz has got a decent stream available!

Just rang Boro and there are no problems with the pitch. The only issue is icy car parks and they are expecting the gritters to arrive any time now.

Now just need to navigate out of Failsworth which is looking like the Cresta Run and The M62 which looks challenging from looking at the Jamcams on the BBC Manchester website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/webcams/camera.shtml?h=han&camid=31751&region=SD&mapregion=bbc_new_northwest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/webcams ... _northwest</a>

CITY FOR LIFE said:
I live 22 miles from Boro, freezing cold this morning but no more snow and a fairly nice morning, have a safe trip blues.

Cheers for the update....setting off at 10.00am, it`s just stopped snowing in South Manc, so hopefully it`ll be OK.

Soulboy said:

Travelled about 5 miles and the snow is so bad that the police are closing the roads. No grit, sheets of ice, the roads are treacherous.

I doubt I'd have made it to Boro, and I certainly suspect I wouldn't have made it back home tonight... so I've decided to play safe instead.

which roads mate?

Rammy Blue said:
Soulboy said:

which roads mate?

A56 Haslingden By-pass and A59 to Skipton. Both almost unpassable.

Its been snowing in Washington and Newcastle this AM far more than on Teesside.

I live a few miles from the Riverside and its been very light snow overnight, the roads seem perfectly OK - the pavements are a touch icy but nowt major.

As it stands the area round the ground wont be an issue, the a19 will be OK and most roads in the area should be comfortably driveable.

I have heard reports that the trans Pennine routes will get hammered for the journey back folks.

And no i dont take lodgers ;-)

anymore updates on weather / traffic . im at work but wife and kids just set off on m62 ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.