liverpool 10-0 1995

njmcfc1894

born longsight,live blackley,s/ticket block 118
i was only 17 at the time but was in full time work so was spending all my money on following City home and away, in the space of 4 days i went to both these games

OCT 25 (CCC3) LIVERPOOL - MANCHESTER CITY 4-0 (1-0)
Attendance: 29,394
Goals: L: Scales (9), Fowler (74), Rush (79), Harkness (82)
Line up: Immel, Foster, Edghill, Curle, Symons, Summerbee, Lomas, Kinkladze, I.Brightwell, Quinn, Rösler (Brown)

OCT 28 LIVERPOOL - MANCHESTER CITY 6-0 (2-0)
Attendance: 39,267
Goals: L: Rush (3,64), Curle (5 o.g.), Fowler (47, 60), Ruddock (53
Line up: Immel, I.Brightwell (Creaney), Edghill, Curle, Symons, Summerbee, Lomas, Flitcroft, Kinkladze (Brown), Quinn, Rösler

i remember 1st game getting to Maine Road for the coach and finding out it had broke down, when we finally got a replacement we got in just as John Scales smashed in number 1, we held out and played ok for a side with 2 goals and no wins all season, last 15 minutes though we caved in, id already bought my coach and match ticket for saturdays return for a league game, got back home and my mum who was a match going blue in the 70s told me i shouldnt bother with the saturday but i said i going, cant get any worse mum, D'OH

well after 5 minutes we were 2 down plus Mcateer had hit the post,my claim to fame was being the chubby young man putting 2 fingers up at Redknapp after his free kick had gone in off Curle, 2 down at half time,Kinky was stretchered off then they got 4 more by hour mark, just to take piss they then bought Collymore on,we sang "were blues and were proud of it" which the kop clapped us for, then we sang "Alan Ball is a football genius" we got same reaction we'd recieved at forest 3 weeks earlier , a smile and a wave then he told media he'd enjoyed the game, not as city manager but as a fan of football,twat,at final whistle
Rosler threw boots in crowd,it felt like he was saying goodbye

I couldnt make york away so when people question 2where were you when you were shit" i remind them of these harrowing 4 days

Did anyone do these 2 torture trips?

Was at the the 4-0 one.....Took one of the kids with me.

We actually played well for half an hour then got thumped!

nicholasjackson said:
Anyone got links to these videos?

I hope not. I did the 4-0 and don't want any reminders. Only the good humour of City fans got me through that nightmare.

Went to both of em on me own, the 4-0 i was bladdered and threw up on the train back to St.Helens in the carriage lol, uuuurgggh.

buzzer1 said:
Went to both of em on me own, the 4-0 i was bladdered and threw up on the train back to St.Helens in the carriage lol, uuuurgggh.
you shouldnt really where it like a badge of honour but for me games like these are exactly that, these days , oxford away, portsmouth away, swindon away etc make success now even more sweeter

Went to both games with 3 other lads who I went to all the games with back then.
I have put both days out of my mind.

How times have changed that will never happen again.

The futures blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.