Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it only from semi first leg that they are wiped? ie same worry for him in next weeks game as well as he’d miss the semi first leg.
Yep, semi final yellows wiped, both Ferny and Gundo at risk on 2 yellows each, Henderson same for the Dippers.

Sorry but I am one of the "lose" voters.

Not only is our track record there awful, we've a number of things not working in our favour. Of course they have the home advantage and that's not to be dismissed for games of this magnitude. The crowd will doubtless play a part, be it in intimidating players, or influencing the officials. Unless Sterling has a complete change of mindset, then he'll likely be sub-par as a result, for one.

And whereas we're pretty solid defensively, Walker-aside our defenders are not quick. Kompany lumbers about a bit these days. Otamendi was shown his arse several times against Salah at the Etihad before Mane was sent off and they had to change things around. And our left back situation is concerning. Laporte is slow as well, and he isn't a left back.

And then you have the fact that we'll inevitably have an eye on Saturday, no matter how much we try to play one game at a time. I just think they'll rise to the occasion and we'll struggle to contain them.

So long as we don't lose by more than (ideally) 1 goal or 2 at most, I still think we'll go through though. I'd bet on us being able to score 3 or more at the Etihad if we have to.

Big one this, obviously, and not overly confident given our record at Anfield. Then again, this is a different City who keep on breaking records and exceeding expectations. Personally I’d play three at the back and try and keep it tight, but I doubt Guardiola will do that and, hey, he knows a lot more about football than me.

I would play, for what it’s worth:

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Laporte
Delph
Fernandinho
Silva
De Bruyne
Jesus
Agüero

Then again the temptation to put Sane up against Alexander-Arnold must be big.
New on this Forum. What is the latest news on Mendy's recovery? Is there any news that he could play in either of the two legs?

For all the hyperbole in the build up to this, is there any chance that Klopp goes a bit cautious, concerned about the away goals? 0-0 anyone?

Interesting thought this - however, I don't think Klopp has it in him to go cautious at home, certainly not with the strong gust of botty-guffs filling his sails that is being generated by the giddy Anfield faithful and Liverpool-riddled popular media.

I'm personally delighted to see all the air scones being arrogantly scoffed by these deluded fools, it will play right into Pep's hands all being well. We have a nearly full strength squad to choose from (give or take a Bendy) playing mind-popping style of footy lately. I think if we play some of the exquisite keep-ball and probe that we managed against Chelsea from the outset and take the sting out of Liverpool's early press, then throw the lever circa 15-20 mins in, grab a couple of sneaky goals and then reintroduce the keep-ball and probe for the remainder, we'll be in a great position for the Etihad leg.

Nothing would make me happier to see Liverpool passed-to-death at their place after a couple of vintage Sane or Silva quick-fire rockets, so the Anfield botty-guffers fall silent, or better still start braying at their own team to attack in frustration.

So pumped for this game, think it's going to set a few egos straight. Come on City!

I'm afraid I did, and I don't remember anything from it to change my view.
Hmm. The dominance even in terms of pace of aubamayang? His goal? His forays our with the ball? Still the best cb in league if not world when fit.

I would take a 3-0 win now if offered with no injuries or yellow cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.