Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people were concerned when they saw the way we had lined up. As you say, it's worked so well up to now, it seemed unnecessary to change it. Ake, Cancelo and KDB never looked comfortable in their roles yesterday.

On another note, amongst the many calls Taylor/VAR got wrong yesterday, stopping our counter attack to send Klopp off is arguably the worst. Why should the attacking team be published because the manager of the opposition has rage issues. It should have been dealt with the next time the ball went out of play. Dreadful refereeing, not that I'm surprised.
Yep.

Have a real worry now that Pep doesn’t think our usual system will work in the tough away games.

Individual performances will improve no doubt but if he’s going to try 3 at the back at Anfield/Stamford Bridge/Allianz/Bernabau because he doesnt fancy his full back options, it’s a real real concern if he have any chance of winning the CL.

Zin out and only Gomez in was a terrible move all round for this season.
You're right in that he as to trust the Walker, CB, CB, Cancelo back four but he also has to have 2 wide men. He can't try and fill a gap with Cancelo on the right instead of Foden, Bernardo as a proper RW, Palmer and (reluctantly) Mahrez on the right.

OK

here is what I feel what wrong with the setup ? We have a left back in Gomez and after getting sent off in midweek, pep felt he can not trust him vs Liverpool and played a flat 3 and Cancelo, as it turns out he made the mistake and then did not take one for the team and try to bring down Salah,

pep shown them far too much respect and sort of kill any chance of getting haaland into the game other than picking up scraps, this season we use the full backs to get the ball out wide and then cut a pass back into the box and haaland uses his skill to dummy the defender and goes back out leaving him a free shot,

SO pep changed it up, right or wrong one game does not make a season, and one win does nothing for Liverpool with a big gap of 10 points behind us and 14 from arsenal
Once again 'the left-back problem' rears its ugly head.
Why the fuck did we get rid of our only senior left-back? I said at the time that in most games it won't be a big problem, but against a decent team and usually in a big game it would be.
Trying to sort that out yesterday resulted in our best players being much less effective because they were shifted around positionally.

I think Cancelo as the last man against a team like Liverpool when we have a set piece is asking for trouble. That guy really needs to be an instinctive defender who will win the ball first and worry about where to pass it after that. Walker normally does that job well and surely Akanji should have been the next choice out of those that started at Anfield.

Slow it down to 0.25 speed, at 1:05, Salah looks to swing his hand on the turn and strike the ball

Absolutely no chance that is handball.

The ball doesn't deviate, watch closely and the force of salah trapping the ball on the turn puts it in a spin.

He's a cheating diving twat but he's done nothing wrong apart from take the ball off disco dave who lost control of his limbs.

I'm not going to lower myself and say we've been cheated because we haven't. It was a perfectly good goal, it we hadn't shit our pants yet again going to wankerfield then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Let it go brother.

On the plus side, he'll have learned from yesterday. And I'd much rather he got it wrong in a game like that, with a healthy points distance over Liverpool, than in the knock out stages of the CL.
But will he have learned? That really is the question and the problem. I don't think he will have. It's become a habit now. We were lucky not to concede at least three goals yesterday. Hopefully, I'm wrong but as always time will tell...

should have given grealish at least half hour, would have got us a few free kicks. never seen foden pass the ball back as much.
Jack must be thinking just what the fuck do I have to do to get on the pitch during a big game? £100m player and doesn't bring him on at any time during the game. It was screaming out for Jack, particularly after they scored. He would have given Milner nightmares for 20 minutes or so. I just don't get it and I bet neither does Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.