Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.

That converted pen inspired the dippers and the atmos in the ground changed and swung the momentum to them.
Some contact must have happened as he went off injured because of it.
Unfortunately, a forward is going to make the most out of any potential penalty situation

I think Ederson could have done better but that's easy for me to say

Overall poor performance. I can't stand the "would have taken a point beforehand" crowd. We are the treble winners, we should be taking 3 every game. Then you look at Liverpools starting 11. Players either werent up for it, intimidated, i dont know. almost everyone was poor today.

Ake is a nice 1v1 defender, not a great passer and slow as shit in space.

Walker is a chicken without a head. Complete liability. Loses the ball everywhere. I never want to see him past the halfway line. Offers nothing up there and then puts himself out of position to do the only thing hes decent at which is defending.

Kev was invisible today. His touch and shot have been off the last 2-3 games after his nice run of G/A.

Alvarez was dreadful. Pep needed to swallow his pride and pull him at half.

Not having Dias in that backline showed. We were all over the place. Hanging on by a thread for 98 minutes.

Where is the TREBLE WINNING backline we used last year? Dias is the only leader in the back. Keeps us lined up, keeps composure, motivates.

Rodri was all alone in the middle today for most of the game. You'd look up and Stones is further up field from him, KDB and Bernardo no where close.

Gotta give them credit, they outplayed us, and probably deserves the 3 points. We were lucky not to concede another.
Pretty much bang on ;)

"It's hard to criticise them" but you're not doing a bad job of it.

I don't know how long the most critical ones have been following the club but I'd love to know how they would have coped in the late '90s.

This is the best Manchester City team ever by a very long way and has achieved things that even 10 years ago were beyond my wildest dreams, so I do find it virtually impossible to criticise them.

But what I don't get are the number of people who don't understand that no matter who you are or how good you are, you're never going to be at 100% for 100% of the time and there are going to be off days. They don't deserve to be slagged off in the way that many of them are on here after a poor game - and this after an away draw at Anfield FFS.

Has anybody actually noticed that we're currently no worse off at this stage than we were at the same point last season (-1 point if you want to be pedantic), so all things considered I'd say that's pretty incredible with 2 challengers chasing the title this time around.
All very wise words about "you're never going to be at 100% for 100% of the time'.

Unfortunately that doesn't explain our record there under Pep of P10, L5, D4, W1. And the 1 was with no crows there during COVID.

Love to put this down as a one off, not at the races today. But it's every fucking time.

Thought we were a bit unfortunate today with Liverpool getting all the run of the ball. We're winning that comfortably 3-0 or 3-1 on any other day. One point about the Doku challenge at the end, he takes the ball cleanly and i'm surprised it went to VAR. On no planet in our solar system is that anywhere near a pen.

Haha

Having had a few hours to reflect on this, although we were probably fortunate to get out of there with a point, the reality is we could very easily have won the game in the last five minutes. Doku was very unlucky not to score then made the wrong choice (imo) picking out Foden when Haaland was wide open.

I dont know why we consistently shit the bed at Anfield when we are clearly the better team.

People moaning about today's result and performance - we usually lose there. The Centurions lost. The treble winners lost. Pellegrini's title winners lost.

1st half good. 2nd poor. But will take the point all day.

I might go against the grain here as I haven't read anything on the match after leaving Anfield.

I thought it was a great game of football, featuring the best 2 teams in Europe, Liverpool despite what many want to think are a frightening team when they are at full flow, not only do they have top players who can pull teams apart, they have a squad of them who can do it, along with a pretty good back up behind them.
We weren't at our best today with key players below par but my God we battled hard, we have a team who wants it, and despite the pressure and the atmosphere the lads gave it their all, and although Liverpool shaded it on chances we arguably leave thinking we should of won - hitting the woodwork twice. I'd add to that that by saying I think in recent years we would of lost that type of game at Anfield, so a point gained and proud of the lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.