Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.
Ederson ended up injuring himself so I'd be surprised if there was no contact.

Either way, it was definitely a penalty. If it had been Haaland through, I'd fully expect a penalty for that and probably be wanting a red card as well!

I might go against the grain here as I haven't read anything on the match after leaving Anfield.

I thought it was a great game of football, featuring the best 2 teams in Europe, Liverpool despite what many want to think are a frightening team when they are at full flow, not only do they have top players who can pull teams apart, they have a squad of them who can do it, along with a pretty good back up behind them.
We weren't at our best today with key players below par but my God we battled hard, we have a team who wants it, and despite the pressure and the atmosphere the lads gave it their all, and although Liverpool shaded it on chances we arguably leave thinking we should of won - hitting the woodwork twice. I'd add to that that by saying I think in recent years we would of lost that type of game at Anfield, so a point gained and proud of the lads.
Totally agree mate, it was a brilliant game and although we both wanted City to win, it was a game neutrals will have loved. Two teams going toe-to-toe and it could've finished 4-1 or 1-4 on another day.

We definitely weren't at our best today, but even when we're below par it required Liverpool to be on 110% to give us a game.

I still think we will win the league, but Pep will be relieved it's the last time he will play against Klopp. He just has the ability to rattle us when practically no other manager can do it.

A draw at Anfield, not exactly the end of the world is it?
its 1 point that 95% of people would have taken before the game, toys now being chucked from the pram because we couldnt hold on to the lead, Liverpool celebrating the 1 point or are they celebrating being chucked off top spot and dropping two points at home, great point for us,,, Bring on the Gooners

He was crap today but you’re actually wondering why there was a difference between playing against a Luton clogger versus one the best CBs in the world.
As for the KDB comment have a word with yourself. Next you’ll be telling us he wasn’t annoyed at coming off or trying his best.
The quality of the centre back is irrelevant Haaland competed and was strong and put a shift in at Luton he certainly didn't today ,kdb has his worst passing stays ever today for city ,2 people voted for him in the motm poll on here ,
More voted for Ake ffs and he got an assist.

Overall poor performance. I can't stand the "would have taken a point beforehand" crowd. We are the treble winners, we should be taking 3 every game. Then you look at Liverpools starting 11. Players either werent up for it, intimidated, i dont know. almost everyone was poor today.

Ake is a nice 1v1 defender, not a great passer and slow as shit in space.

Walker is a chicken without a head. Complete liability. Loses the ball everywhere. I never want to see him past the halfway line. Offers nothing up there and then puts himself out of position to do the only thing hes decent at which is defending.

Kev was invisible today. His touch and shot have been off the last 2-3 games after his nice run of G/A.

Alvarez was dreadful. Pep needed to swallow his pride and pull him at half.

Not having Dias in that backline showed. We were all over the place. Hanging on by a thread for 98 minutes.

Where is the TREBLE WINNING backline we used last year? Dias is the only leader in the back. Keeps us lined up, keeps composure, motivates.

Rodri was all alone in the middle today for most of the game. You'd look up and Stones is further up field from him, KDB and Bernardo no where close.

Gotta give them credit, they outplayed us, and probably deserves the 3 points. We were lucky not to concede another.
Go away u lightwieght can’t be arsed with the bullshit from the moaning muppets tell me a team that would be pissed off walking out of anfield with a point GO ON

For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.

That converted pen inspired the dippers and the atmos in the ground changed and swung the momentum to them.

We were fortunate to come away with a point in the end.

Felt for Ake, usually so reliable.
Watch it again. There was definitely contact. It was an awful pass by Ake and, in hindsight, Eddie probably didnt need to make a challenge, but he did and on another day he may have got a red card.

Totally agree mate, it was a brilliant game and although we both wanted City to win, it was a game neutrals will have loved. Two teams going toe-to-toe and it could've finished 4-1 or 1-4 on another day.

We definitely weren't at our best today, but even when we're below par it required Liverpool to be on 110% to give us a game.

I still think we will win the league, but Pep will be relieved it's the last time he will play against Klopp. He just has the ability to rattle us when practically no other manager can do it.
Yes the neutrals must have loved it, me not so much, I don't know why I put myself through it, I felt like i hated nearly every minute of it, a feeling that only watching City in the big games bring out in me, but the euphoria when we win them or even getting a draw in the games like today is worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.