Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Lot of good sides left in that though too. Real business end of season now and we absolutely must cut out these sloppy goals.

We just don’t look as on it to me this season. We are getting wins but something is missing, particularly in games where sides give us no time on the ball and who can turn defence into attack quickly. Our midfield was absolutely overrun at times today.
Agree mate, plenty thinking we would rock up at Anfield and hand it to them on a plate. How many teams have we done that to this season?.

I don’t get the take a draw before the game idea everyone is floating about. I certainly didn’t feel that way anyway. Normally that’d be acceptable but this was a very depleted Liverpool team. If we were any way on form today we should’ve blown that side away.

A real missed opportunity that could be hugely costly come the end of the season. We were clueless in that second half. They will be absolutely thrilled with how things worked out today.
They dropped 2 points at home, and missed numerous chances.
They also didn’t score a goal in open play.

After winning the Treble we needed to freshen-up, but for whatever reason, none of the new signings started yesterday, and we seemed devoid of energy.
Also, when the opposition have so much possession our lack of a proper Left Back is glaringly obvious.
However, we could easily have still won.

It’s a good job their attackers couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo really.

Nunez is an absolutely shockingly shite excuse for a footballer.

Imagine being gifted an open goal tap in on a platter only to completely miss the ball and end up throwing yourself at the post instead.

Even Sterling in his darkest moments never fucked up that hilariously.
And being offside about 10 times. We had some very poor performers yesterday, but none as bad as Nunez

It looked like Bernardo told him exactly what he is judging by the cheating pricks reaction
All of football know I sincerely hope he fucks off to Saudi at the end of the season

Agree with the first part, but I hope they don't manage to sell Salah to Saudi, as they'll still be spending that money in ten years time.

First twenty minutes, we looked like we were gonna take them apart. As soon as we scored it seemed to galvanize them and they just got stronger and stronger as the game wore on. They were all over us in the second half and I can't think of many teams that wouldn't have caved in under that pressure. We aren't at our best, we haven't really been all season, but that's because we've set the bar so high. Fact is though, them and Arsenal are playing out of their skins yet we're right up there with them both. We are every teams cup final, even so called easy games are a slog as every team steps up a year against us. No wander we can sometimes look leggy and laboured. Keep the faith. It's all to play for.

Definitely mate. Based on their starting eleven it does feel like a missed opportunity not to have won, but we dug in and didn't lose, which would have been a disaster. Pep often talks about the team having to 'suffer', which happened yesterday and we got through it.

We need to play better than we did yesterday, but Anfield doesn't usually bring out the best of us. Big games coming up and European fixtures for all three teams, hopefully our experience in getting us over the line can make the difference. No team has ever won the Premier league four years in a row and it's not surprising given how much that must take out of a squad, but we're right in the mix, which is all we can ask at this stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.