Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The morning after.....

Scousers and Klopp reckon that 2nd half is the best they've EVER played against us.
We were under the cosh for the best part of an hour.
We survived at Anfield against massive pressure and came away with a point.
We didn't get fucked by the ref and VAR at Anfield; UNBELIEVABLE Jeff!!
I said I'd have gladly taken a point before the game; I felt we allowed them to dominate, but at the end of the day, a point is good enough for us.
We got away with one yesterday - not often we put in a performance as poor as that and come away with anything.
Rodri remains unbeaten; Ortega was superb after coming on.
If we beat Arsenal in 2 weeks, they'll all start shitting themselves and we'll take the title again.
Still "happy days" so cheer up, my blue brothers and sisters.

Fuck me, the whining on here this morning is off the scale.

Two great teams battling it out in a high stakes breathless 90 minutes. Sometimes City were on top, sometimes Liverpool, but both teams gave there all.
We weathered their onslaught when they were piling on the pressure. It might not have been pretty but it was fucking ballsy and our lads showed real fighting spirit, unlike some of the posters on here.
Great post and spot on

I'm expecting this group of players to have a good look at themselves after that second half and fully focus for the rest of the season. Could be a blessing in disguise.
It's not like they didn't give everything though.
I thought with the hostile atmosphere and the pressure we did well enough not to lose.

Keep playing like that, with that intensity and we will be there or there abouts at the close of the season.

We weren’t at our best yesterday but escaped with a draw. What was noticeable for me yesterday was how much better we would have been at controlling the midfield yesterday with Ilkay Gundogan; underrated by many but the master of the simple pass, tracking runners, keeping the ball rolling. Anyway we move on

Last edited:
What did people make of the Doku challenge at the end.
To be honest when I saw a few replays at the time, I was shocked that it wasn't given. It was strange though as I didn't think that the appeals were that strong by Liverpool so maybe this played a part.

Fucking daft challenge when he'd time before that to clear the ball. Similar to the Forest players last week who dallied on the ball on the edge of the box and cost them the match.
Doku could/should have headed it clear but he shit out of the challenge. Not for the first time if memory serves & Nunes is also guilty of the same thing
Worrying this type of behaviour it is not picked up by our scouts in my opinion

We weren’t at our best yesterday but escaped with a draw. What was noticeable for me yesterday was how much better we would have been at controlling the midfield yesterday with Ilkay Gundogan; underrated by money but the master of the simple pass, tracking runners, keeping the ball rolling. Anyway we move on
Yeah, I think we miss him a lot.

Fuck me, the whining on here this morning is off the scale.

Two great teams battling it out in a high stakes breathless 90 minutes. Sometimes City were on top, sometimes Liverpool, but both teams gave there all.
We weathered their onslaught when they were piling on the pressure. It might not have been pretty but it was fucking ballsy and our lads showed real fighting spirit, unlike some of the posters on here.
Spot on, for many on here you aren't allowed to appreciate the performance the opposition put in so if we don't beat them it must mean we weren't any good.

Doku could/should have headed it clear but he shit out of the challenge. Not for the first time if memory serves & Nunes is also guilty of the same thing
Worrying this type of behaviour it is not picked up by our scouts in my opinion
Yes, cost us the first goal at St James's park Doku jumping out of a challenge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.