Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The first thing I watched for with both penalty shouts is the pre contact and the first one he was diving rather than going for the ball and made sure there was contact, as much as I hate it was a penalty.
The second one was never a penalty as J.D. had bent his leg and McA looked for the contact and his face was in pain before contact. Straight leg and he would have given the second one but credit to Oliver he was not falling for it.

We should have been two up by the break and they could argue they could have in the 2nd. Fair result, though. Disappointing that we gave the ball away so much.

He has been outstanding in some games and poor in other games. He cost us goals vs Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, and was very poor at Wolves. Walker and Akanji have been better and more consistent this season, and Akanji last season as well.

It's great to have a squad player like him, but if you read this forum you might be thinking Ake's a modern day Maldini. Hugely overrated to the extent many thought he was better than Rodri and Gundo last season, which was foolish in the extreme.
Agree, same old once we love a player he can do no wrong. Well there was no problem yesterday until Ake played that crap back pass. Yes, Ed could have stood up, done better, but there was no situation for him to even think about dealing with until Ake cocked it up.

He also cocked up in the 1st half against united at 0-1 by sleeping at the back post and letting Rashford in, we were lucky he was too shit to control the ball.

He's good Ake, but he isn't perfect, it doesn't do any favours people acting like he is.

The first thing I watched for with both penalty shouts is the pre contact and the first one he was diving rather than going for the ball and made sure there was contact, as much as I hate it was a penalty.
The second one was never a penalty as J.D. had bent his leg and McA looked for the contact and his face was in pain before contact. Straight leg and he would have given the second one but credit to Oliver he was not falling for it.

Agree he jumped with both feet and made sure of contact. He was diving before contact, he could easily have avoided contact.
Yes it's a penalty but he was diving before contact so it wasn't a penalty lol.

Fuck me, the whining on here this morning is off the scale.

Two great teams battling it out in a high stakes breathless 90 minutes. Sometimes City were on top, sometimes Liverpool, but both teams gave there all.
We weathered their onslaught when they were piling on the pressure. It might not have been pretty but it was fucking ballsy and our lads showed real fighting spirit, unlike some of the posters on here.

We need a fit Jack back quick, Alvarez' lack of pace and control out wide cost us yesterday. While he's out Kova should play. Doku is still way off the level we need and I can understand Kev's strop - if he'd stayed on we probably would have won it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.