Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Disappointing performance. Another instance where we are our own worst enemy.

We brought Liverpool and their crowd back in after that howler in the second half. By that time both Rodri and Bernardo were in yellows, and we let our midfield get overrun.

I realize we are all frustrated by how we played and upset about dropping points from a winning position. I am certain Pep and the lads are as well. But this team has shown its mettle time and time again.

If you’re worried the league is out of our hands (that may be so), I’ll remind you that this time last year we were trailing Arsenal by 6 points. So, try to relax and get behind the blue boys. They need us backing them now more than ever this season.

I just don’t see us winning the league again this year. We look tired; the extra gear they we’ve found every year just doesn’t seem to be reachable this year and maybe that’s understandable after everything we achieved last season.
I think we’ll get a comfortable 3rd place behind Arsenal as winners and the dippers just in front of us.
I await my abuse with tin hat at the ready….

Honest opinion: could and should have had it over in first half. We are so profligate up front.
Akes short back pass led to the pen, Eddy should have tried to stand him up. Meh oh well shit happens.
Then we absolutely melted-very fortunate to come away with a point. Scouse also profligate (thank Christ) . Thought a lot of our players were too pumped up and were ineffectual and making poor decisions- Foden, Alvarez, Rodri even. Right to take Kev off I thought Kova helped steady the ship, not sure Haaland does enough in games his service isn’t happening. Doku isn’t the answer.. yet but he was unfortunate. We really miss Jack Grealish for these games where control is key.
30 points to play for and I reckon it’s ours!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.