Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I don’t get the take a draw before the game idea everyone is floating about. I certainly didn’t feel that way anyway. Normally that’d be acceptable but this was a very depleted Liverpool team. If we were any way on form today we should’ve blown that side away.

A real missed opportunity that could be hugely costly come the end of the season. We were clueless in that second half. They will be absolutely thrilled with how things worked out today.
And you probably think we should have "blown away" crystal Palace and Spurs" at home??

Believe you me. Today is a good point. The point in itself might not look good. But we stopped the bin dipping cunts pulling away.

Disappointed with that performance overall, we were our own worst enemies as a team in that game. Gifting possession needlessly all over the pitch, especially at the back, basically offering the opposition players and the crowd all the encouragement they needed in that second half to stay on us(though their players must have expended a ton of energy). The final ball was always well off it too, so frustrating when you know they are capable of doing so much better in those situations.

Think their lads will be more disappointed they didn’t win than ours will.
To get a point was lucky and now the title is out of our hands.

Not that it’s over yet, not by a long shot. But fuck me we don’t make it easy for ourselves do we?

Have you submitted you job application yet? FFS - get over yourself telling Pep what he should do. Just out of interest what have you won and what are your quals?
He’s entitled to his opinion mate. Don’t think he needs to get over himself or give details of what he’s won or what his qualifications are lol. Why couldn’t we match their energy is a good question. Why are you being so defensive of a frankly embarrassing afternoon for us.

We stole that second half, we were dogshit and gave the VAR an opportunity to screw us, which miraculously they opted not to do. More solid going forward, please
That's kind of how I saw it too. Had he not got the ball first, then it would have been a stonewall pen but since he did, it's a 50/50 that could have gone either way. I'd rather he would have been braver and stuck his head on it, then we don't have to have the conversation though. I'm sure he will be told that.

How any blue is trying to say that's a stonewall I don't know though. Maybe it's because they were expecting it to be given, because all the 50/50 big calls normally are at Anfield? It was obvious Sky were hoping one would be given but it's no more controversial of a call than Alison being bailed out by the ref in the reverse fixture.

Last edited:
Definitely a point gained. Not sure what it is about that ground but when we concede we seem to lose all our composure
Ask all the other teams managers that get nothing there. Some grounds are like that - it's not rocket science. We don't like to admit it, but sometimes the ground and fanbase do make it difficult to believe you can get a win. Do you think for one minute that every manager goes there and asks his team to play poorly or not get a result? Really? Some grounds are like that. As much as I hate to admit it, the rags had a ground like this for many many years. The crowd being the '12th man' isn't folklore you know. To ignore that is just to pretend that every other team is just 'unlucky'. Life doesn't run that way (unless you believe in voodoo, curses or are just simply insane).

He’s entitled to his opinion mate. Don’t think he needs to get over himself or give details of what he’s won or what his qualifications are lol. Why couldn’t we match their energy is a good question. Why are you being so defensive of a frankly embarrassing afternoon for us.
Totally agree,, they were a make shift team,, let's be honest here really honest, we had about 10-15 good minutes in that match,, they were far better far far better than us FACT,, and others believing they wernt are quite frankly deluded

As for Anfield, I think it's less about the crowd for our players than it is about the record City have there, being a mental block. Even I was thinking, 'same old same old' as soon as Ake made that mistake at the back. We've managed to make Spurs away a big thing, probably the only big 6 club other than arsenal that sees that fixture the same way. One of these days City will win at anfield in the league and hopefully build the belief from there for the next season.

Last edited:
some of the posts on this thread are a disgrace, infact that bad i check the post count to make sure its not there first which would indicate they have nipped over from sad cafe, to see posts counts of 9k 10k plus from these people makes me sad so instead of moaning GET BEHIND YOUR FUCKING TEAM
So you think city were top draw do yer,,, I've news for you , they wernt In fact for most of the game they were fking shite, that's the truth,,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.