Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The Dippers played out of their skin 2nd half and we had probably our worst 45 minutes of football this season and they still couldnt beat us , for all their whinging about a non penalty , we missed just as any chances as them and we were far from our best. One day soon we are going to take these bastards apart and score a hatful , with Clubshop gone they will become an average team and club vying for a top six spot , the Dippers are done after this season.

Thought it was good exercise for Europe, they threw the kitchen sink at us and failed. They needed to win IMO, they fucked it.
Yeah it’s a good test to see us stand up to that kind pressure and I guarantee one thing, we won’t come under that kind of pressure again all season and especially in the CL. Yes we didn’t play well, but we didn’t lose and that was so important and a good sign hopefully for the rest of the season.

Office full of dippers, all banging on how we couldn't even beat their 2nd string.
It's gonna be a long day

It's easy to understand and I was writing about it before the game. Klopp's teams compensate for the technical inferiority of their players by upping the intensity. They managed to outrun us. Their press stopped us from feeding the attacking players with promising passes.

Consider the following scenario: City vs a league 2 team. If the players of the latter run 120 km and City only 90 km, or if they make much more sprints than our players, then the gap in quality will be significantly diminished.

Klopp's open secret is energy or intensity. Liverpool almost never dominate games in which they are outrun. They control games by working harder than the opposition. Obviously, this strategy can't work for multiple seasons in a row. That's why Liverpool have finished in the top 2 only two seasons in a row (18/19 and 19/20), whereas City have done it for 6 seasons in a row.
And their pitch is borderline not big enough for top football, so there's less space for them to cover.

If the press or anyone starts saying we struggle with the Anfield atmosphere, we need to push back that we struggle playing on a junior pitch. Make that the story.

I didn't watch a minute of the game and have still only seen the short highlights they put up on youtube. We never win at Anfield, I didn't expect us to and I told myself not to bother because there's usually some controversy. I'd seen the lineups and the Liverpool team was so fucking weak I did get a bit of hope we could beat them. But then I saw the City side and thought we looked far too unbalanced. I was expecting Kovacic in there instead of Alvarez but sounds like we were decent in the first half and then we started to struggle.

More than happy with a point, especially as that probably should have been a penalty at the end. We have to beat Arsenal though. If we don't it will take a lot for us to go and win the title again in my opinion.
If we don't beat Arsenal then I think we could be too reliant on them and Liverpool dropping points thereafter, whilst we would probably have to be perfect.

The biggest worry this season for me is midfield, I'm not sure what's going on but average teams are cutting through us in the middle of the park with ease. Chelsea, spurs, Liverpool and even the rags have managed to break our lines with a couple passes. Pep made a big mistake in this game not starting kova imo. We needed that extra body in there, but a lot of the experienced lads were making a lot of unforced errors as well. Not sure what the answer is, we still have at least 2 gears to go up and this is the month its needed. Arsenal is a must-win, hopefully rags and Spurs can do something against Arsenal and Liv but we also have to play Spurs..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.