Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

What would be classed as a decent ratio of penalty saves generally; one in 6 or 7? Or is that a bit on the high side? I know Eddie's must be extremely low. Yes; the taker should always have the advantage as he knows which way he's going. But some keepers seem to have a very good record with them? Paul Cooper back in the days of b&w telly, had a good record. And I think Tim Krul has a good record in modern times.
He's about one in ten. I don't know, it is what it is

Keep seeing people saying we got bullied - we didnt - the harsh truth is that we werent good enough. We couldnt even play an unopposed 5 yd pass correctly today - we looked like an old prize fighter who has had one too many fights.

I agree, he underhits one pass, possibly his first mistake for months, and people pile in to criticise. Ake has been our most consistent defender this season, and Eddie should have held off and hope somebody was defending his goal, worst thing would have been to concede, but they did anyway and he picked up an injury.
Totally agree with you. Anyone piling on Ake tonight is a fool, he's been superb all season, and wasn't bad tonight.

Thought it was wrong to bring Kev off if it was due to his performance. He wasn’t the worst out there and he always has a game changing pass in him. I dunno maybe pep wanted to protect his hamstring because the game was getting stretched. We’re going to need him for the run in. Good decision if that was the case.

It was a good decision

Kev had faded badly in the game and we needed control. Kova is better in tight spaces at receiving and keeping the ball.

Heart rate just calmed down so some random views on today

Great start with their team selection and how we started, even if it was a strange counter attack type set up we had

Then we scored and stopped playing never had control of the game

Front 5 were poor never got going at all, Foden the best of them
Silva very poor

Second half after the penalty it was an avalanche and looked a matter of time until they scored

Kevin going off was the right call, kovacic did well and should have started

Alvarez was brutal. He can’t keep starting his loss of possession killed us time after time

Overall I’ve a split opinion
1 up against a team with Kelleher Bradley Quansah and Gomez in the back 5, you should be winning if you want to win a title
On the other hand at any stage in the second half I’d have taken a draw

Just a pity we never play our normal game at anfield
I disagree that it was a great game also, Citys front 5 could barely string a pass together

Walkers overhit cross was a real fuck up
It should have been 2-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.