Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

When Liverpool start putting in the effort every match for a full season i may raise an eyebrow. Until then i take it as it is, they had their cup final and a few of us were of the boil. When they cut out the 0-0's at home against your West Broms and such they may have something to crow about but until then i can't say i am arsed about them really. Utd are my main concern and that is not even a concern.

Complacency is our only enemy, it can temper desire and i feel we were guilty of that a bit against Liverpool. Utd and liverpool, spurs etc can do whatever they like, for the next few years at least the ball is in our our half of the court.

When they cut out the 0-0's at home against your West Broms a

Liverpool-vs-West-Brom.jpg

Precisely. The blueprint to stop City is still the same. Wait for blues fuck ups, kindly accept the gift and expect to survive the blues come back.
Dippers were lucky and clinical plus the homer ref as is the S.o.p. at that ground.
No need for distress & moan incessantly.
Early 1960s - one scouse grandparent tried to have me grow up a Liverpool fan. Failed (albeit I look to them to finish one place below us and take out the likes of Manure.... especially, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea etc). About fifteen lads in our street in Chorlton-on-Medlock - some twelve of 'em much older Manure fans who did their best to have me join their gang within a gang. No chance - even at four years old (I have a ridiculously good long term memory) I could see that it looked like much more fun to be a City fan - in a minority - me aged four, another four year old and a five year old. All absolutely true.

As for Sunday, too many players simultaneously having worst games of the season and handing out belated Xmas gifts, Liverpool working harder than in any other game and ruthless finishing that they won't repeat all season. We don't do Row Z clearances these days - Pep wants our defenders (with the ball) to draw attackers towards 'em, take on the opponent, move into the space and pass the ball short (mostly). It takes supreme bottle to play that way and we have to accept that this is risk and reward football - occasionally it'll go wrong. I doubt there's a team in Europe that could have bettered our record this season in our league - even Madrid, Barca and Bayern at their best.

Another five minutes and we get a draw - minimum. Spoilt the week for all of us, but It could be the kick up the arse we need.

Last edited:
Early 1960s - one scouse grandparent tried to have me grow up a Liverpool fan. Failed (albeit I look to them to finish one place below us and take out the likes of Manure.... especially, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea etc). About fifteen lads in our street in Chorlton-on-Medlock - some twelve of 'em much older Manure fans who did their best to have me join their gang within a gang. No chance - even at four years old (I have a ridiculously good long term memory) I could see that it looked like much more fun to be a City fan - in a minority - me aged four, another four year old and a five year old. All absolutely true.

As for Sunday, too many players simultaneously having worst games of the season and handing out belated Xmas gifts, Liverpool working harder than in any other game and ruthless finishing that they won't repeat all season. We don't do Row Z clearances these days - Pep wants our defenders (with the ball) to draw attackers towards 'em, take on the opponent, move into the space and pass the ball short (mostly). It takes supreme bottle to play that way and we have to accept that this is risk and reward football - occasionally it'll go wrong. I doubt there's a team in Europe that could have bettered our record this season in our league - even Madrid, Barca and Bayern at their best.

Another five minutes and we get a draw - minimum. Spoilt the week for all of us, but It could be the kick up the arse we need.
Nice reply, very kind of you, Sir.

That's true, but the exception has to be when the goalkeeper is 30 yards out of his goal. There is no tactical analysis in the world that can justify passing the ball into midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.