Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Hold on. We bossed possession. Scored three goals. Had them bricking it. We turned up alright. Just had a few too many brain farts, they were on it and capitalised. Simple. We don't have 10 mental minutes we win.
That’s a nice way of looking at it. For all that possession we also had fewer touches in their box than they did, fewer shots, fewer shots on target and at one point were 4-1 down.

We were poor today, no bones about it, very poor by our standards. Inidividual errors all over the place from minute to minute. Passing was atrocious. Howling defensive mistakes.

Nice to get a few back when they’d already started eating their Sunday roast with their feet up and we really did worry them at the end when they couldn’t get their intensity back up. But that was all too late.

Was glad to see Pep calming the players down at 4-1 when we started to jump into challenges a bit. It's one thing being fired up, but at that point you could easily see someone getting a red, which would have just compounded the loss (see Chelsea last season...).

thats the same for pretty much every defence in the league. chelseas defence protected by kante and bakayoko. united - matic and herrara..... spurs - dier. they have shown this season to be more then good enough at defending. are you just going to ignore the entire season ??

name me one defender one defender in England that hasn't made mistakes this season. I'm going to bet swell if other teams played the way we did - pass out of the back, then msot defenders would make the odd mistake.
Their systems are totally different to ours. We play a possession based system and to be honest if you can’t understand how our midfield protects our defence then I can’t be bothered explaining it because it’s quite obvious.

My point is that its interpretation from the ref weather the nudge is deemed as a foul. Stones didn't appeal for a foul nor any players..days it all. Maybe we just agree to disagree.

If you think it's a foul or not is one argument, my point is people trying to say it's not a foul because Stones position was poor. Irrelevant

Yes we have been spoiled and hopefully a lot more to come, but our involvement in their goals was appalling to say the least. It can't be dressed up any other way. F&!*ing terrible goals for a top team to give away.
True this all happened in 9mins(from a total of 96minutes of play) though which is quite annoying as I doubt we'd behaving the same discussion without it, oh well time to move on I guess.

More bothered about getting players back fit now, Delph, Silva, Jesus... Stones and Aguero don't look 100% either. #worryingtimes

No one questioned it. What's being questioned is why have a player on the bench who is unable to play. Also should have come on at half time although you're right we went from 1-1 to 4-1 in no time so maybe felt not to risk him at that point.[/QUOTE

I hate that 'how many trophies have you won' way of dismissing criticism.

But without Pep saying why he didn't bring silva on, you're just criticising without any information

Maybe there was a knock right at the the end of warm-up, maybe he was on the bench to just be part of the team spirit and bring him back into feeling included. Maybe it was none of our fucking business.

We're 15/12 points ahead and fuckwits are bleating as if we were in the relegation zone.

Their systems are totally different to ours. We play a possession based system and to be honest if you can’t understand how our midfield protects our defence then I can’t be bothered explaining it because it’s quite obvious.

thats the exact point I'm making. we play a possession based system, which mean our defenders will make mistakes. and obviously our midfield protects our defence, i never would have guessed that........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.