Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

For all those still lamenting the penalty. Imagine how you would feel today if we'd got the usual battering and they were top of the league, and a magic man appeared and offered you the chance to swap that for a draw and a missed penalty.

For all those still lamenting the penalty. Imagine how you would feel today if we'd got the usual battering and they were top of the league, and a magic man appeared and offered you the chance to swap that for a draw and a missed penalty.

That's the not offer though is it, it was score the penalty and probably win or miss it and draw. We missed it, we drew but a point isn't anything to grumble at.

Mahrez said regarding penalties "sometimes you score sometimes you miss".

Don't think Yaya would say that!

Yep. Whatever he’s subsequently said and done to earn our displeasure - or scorn, even - his penalty taking was impeccable for us. It went through my mind as soon as the penalty was given that it would have been nice to have him back on the pitch for as long as it took to put the penalty away! Daft I know.

I kind of understand why he picked Mahrez as I think he holds the ball a bit better than Sane but I'd have brought Sane on after an hour rather than 75 minutes. Or maybe I'd have started both Mahrez & Sane and left Sterling on the bench.
Or how about, take Mahrez off, put Sane on the left and move Sterling to the right... then Jesus takes the penalty.

Or how about, take Mahrez off, put Sane on the left and move Sterling to the right... then Jesus takes the penalty.
There was no justification for keeping Sterling on but more than enough for keeping Mahrez there.

But think about this. Jesus played for Brazil in the World Cup qualifying tournament and the finals. I assume that they practiced taking penalties numerous times in their training sessions. Who was one of the goalkeepers he would have been practicing against?

I was fucking fuming when Mahrez missed the penalty and I was calling him all the names under the sun, but that's only because I was watching on TV .
I probably would have said oh for fucks sake if i was at the game.
Like most blues we get carried away with emotion when watching us but then we calm down and carry on as usual.
Mahrez probably feels terrible now and the last thing he needs is blues slagging him off.
He's a quality player who like other players who join us needs time to settle in ...fully expecting him to get up to speed in a few more games if he's given a run in the team.
Anyway it's water under the bridge now with regards to the penalty miss...would have been reasonably happy with a point before the game, but still think we should have won because we were the better team.
It's a better point for us than for them considering they were at home and thought they would run us all over.
Deluded C.unts aren't they
And may the way he bedazzled there defence to get to the by line and into the box was unbelievable, he will progress training with better players let him bed in

There was no justification for keeping Sterling on but more than enough for keeping Mahrez there.

But think about this. Jesus played for Brazil in the World Cup qualifying tournament and the finals. I assume that they practiced taking penalties numerous times in their training sessions. Who was one of the goalkeepers he would have been practicing against?
Good point PB.

Some real Bell Ends on here and on social media slating Mahrez. Embarrassing. Things like this happen over 90 minutes.
Should all get behind him. Its not like he missed on purpose. Great hes put a brave face on it publicly. John Stones said it himself how devastated Mahrez was in the dressing room at FT. He will come good. Took Sane and Bernardo to get up to speed with our team too.

Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.