Liverpool (a) post-match thread

I said before the game we should have played a back three, going man to man on Salah, Mane and Firmino with our wingbacks forcing TAA and Robertson to play inside at every opportunity and packing the midfield 4 vs 3.

Having said that we could/should have been 1-0 up after five minutes, at that stage it’s a completely different ball game.

It’s very difficult to criticise any of our players because I think everyone gave everything and we were just cheated. That said, Bravo is a liability, he’s had too many opportunities and there’s too much water under the bridge now for the fans to have any confidence in his ability. The decision to play Aguero up front in such a high intensity game didn’t make sense before the game and certainly didn’t make sense afterwards to me, I know another poster suggested we had to play him because he’s more clinical than Jesus but I’m still of the belief his workrate would have been far more beneficial today.

Unfortunately because we are the back to back champions I don't think we'll ever get ruled out in a way that will rule out pressure like that. Also Pep and the players wont believe they are out of it so it won't work.

Not so sure, the dippers have to handle the pressure as clear favourites now. They aren't going to drop many, if any, points at home but may away.

I'm still surprised Pep doesn't go with established centre halfs. I thought there were a few disappointing performances first half. Cant understand why Gundy was sitting deeper than Rodri. Second half I thought Raz got angry and shut out the boos from his head and went passed them. Sadly, I think Kun has lost his sharpness and needs to get it back. It ain't over by any means - but tell em it is.

Very like the champions league game there: every decision, every ricochet, every piece of luck went their way. We’ve gone there with half a team and dominated the game and on another day would have come away with the three points.

There will be revenge opportunities this season, probably in the cups as well as the league. No team has ridden their luck against us like Liverpool in recent years and that will change.

We lost to 2 piss poor teams this season l, and the damage was done then, then we are expected to go to a ground that we have failed to get a win in 16 years was to much, and all the people moaning about injuries fuck off, Chelsea have a transfer ban and lost hazard but are still above us, oh and got battered by the rags that we all laugh at, and Leicester sit above us oh and they also got beat by the rags we laugh at

I agree the players dont look up for it.

Its reminded me a bit of 15/16 where we just kept waiting for them to find that top gear that they had gotten to in previous seasons, but it never arrived.

Keep saying it: I think the relentless demands - both physical and mental - made of this squad last season in retaining the Premiership and Carabao trophies and adding the FA Cup (not to mention the Charity Shield) has taken one hell of a toll.

Sorry I haven’t read every word you’ve ever written, but I answered the post in front of me and reiterate my thoughts.

Not facts, subjective feelings about games where you believe he played a specific role. I’m saying it is simplistic to say he played that role or was a deciding factor in your “facts.”

And I absolutely disagree with this “fact.”

There are no absolutes when it comes to the subjective evaluation of a player’s performance, especially when you refuse to see the positives he brings to them.

read the post. The ‘facts’ I was referring to are the ones regarding his playing position within the team. He was playing in the number 8 role in each of the games mentioned, except from Liverpool away in the champions league where he started right midfield.

And the other ‘fact’ (which again, read it because I didn’t say this was a fact, it was my opinion) that he is better in his preferred deep lying position is just obvious. He’s great there. He can receive the ball and spray passes around and keep it moving which is what he’s best at.

Gundogan has loads of positives, I don’t know where you got it from out of such a short post that I can’t see any..

Keep saying it: I think the relentless demands - both physical and mental - made of this squad last season in retaining the Premiership and Carabao trophies and adding the FA Cup (not to mention the Charity Shield) has taken one hell of a toll.
What’s taken a toll is injuries, particularly Laporte. The players showed great character today in the face of incredible adversity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.