Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Not even the 2nd one?

Shouldn't really be getting beat from that angle tbh and the first goal was a typical charge out as the ball gets slotted past him, there is an awful lot of goals conceded in this scenario, he needs to do something different, good strikers will know that he charges out and then wait and slot it in low past his feet, making it hard to save, if he stood tall a couple of times it might put a bit of doubt in the strikers' mind.

Of course, it is only made worse as this is the very kind of finishing we are shit at, one on ones with the keeper are atrocious, so if they are like it in practice Eddie probably thinks he is great at one on ones lol
I think you tilt your hat to Salah on the second one.

For the their opener, I would have found it odd if had stayed on his line.

Playing the role that he does, its a managerial directive. Pep wants him not to fly out, that what he would be doing imho..............

First goal can go either way, Eddie is racing out of his goal and, on another day, could get something on Mane's shot.

But Salah's shot with his weaker right comes right across the face of his goal and hits the opposite corner of his net.

The ball has travelled a fair distance and not the first time Eddie needs to take a look at himself on his front post.

The Red Bull game was another game where you start to realise Eddie isn't a shot stopper.

If it weren't for Rodri, we'd all be livid with him today.
Ederson is not a top notch keeper. We play him for all the other stuff he brings to the team. We have to accept there are times through the season where he could have done better. I wouldn't swap him for anyone

So Liverpool have got the evidence from the spitting incident and will pass it on to the police if “Requested” hey!? So Liverpool football club ain’t doing anything naming them and they are only going to pass it on to the police if they request it?! Wow!

You
So Liverpool have got the evidence from the spitting incident and will pass it on to the police if “Requested” hey!? So Liverpool football club ain’t doing anything naming them and they are only going to pass it on to the police if they request it?! Wow!
They cant ban a fan for spitting, that would set a nasty precedent and they would have to ban one of their legends Carragher. haha

Ederson is not a top notch keeper. We play him for all the other stuff he brings to the team. We have to accept there are times through the season where he could have done better. I wouldn't swap him for anyone
Its hard for a lot of us (totally me included) to accept he isnt really in the team for saving shots. But he really isnt. Its for the 70 yard passes that split defences that no one else can seemingly do as good as him

i hope hes our goaly for years to come

You mean he's not a top notch shot stopper. All the other stuff he brings to the team is part of the keepers job.

Overall he is exceptional.

You mean he's not a top notch shot stopper. All the other stuff he brings to the team is part of the keepers job.

Overall he is exceptional.
Yeah that probably sums him up better than I did.
We couldn't play the way we do without his cool attitude in tight situations. Most keepers put the shits up the other players when they are passing the ball around. I've noticed that Steffan seems a lot calmer now and appears less rushed and it helps everybody's nerves

Is it safe to come out yet? All I’ve heard since Sunday is how Salah scored the greatest goal ever witnessed. Don’t get me wrong it was decent, but how this has become the narrative for this game is staggering

If only Phil had put the chance away when Bernado had put him through after shrugging off 5 scouse rats. Would have been interesting to see what kind of attention that got

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.