Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I liked his comment after the game when the interviewer asked him if he agrred with Jordan Henderson’s comment that they were disappointed and he said no as he has intelligence and saw the first half.

So it’s confirmed by his manager that Henderson is thick as two short planks.
Yes - asked if he agreed with Henderson, Klopp considered it & said "... but I have a brain".

I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but it was pretty funny.

My like of him went up Sunday, had a quick tenner with my dipper mate that he didn't see the Milner foul (on Bernie).
Had a great cheer when he was asked in his interview what his opinion was?
I didn't see it.
Happy days £10 handed over.
was the tenner still wet?

If we had a striker like Torres then probably instead of Sterling not wanting to shoot we would have had a player making shots and winning this game.

FFS Sterling was only on the pitch for 24mins. He played well when he came on. The constant criticism and scapegoating of him is tiresome.

PL since 2020 :

Sterling: played 38 : goals 11
Torres: played 28 : goals 9

Not that significant a difference. Plus Torres plays on the right and Sterling mainly on the left.

Sterling has always been a confidence player and with the crap that gets spouted on here it's no wonder he is lacking confidence if even the slightest bit of feedback reaches him.

FFS Sterling was only on the pitch for 24mins. He played well when he came on. The constant criticism and scapegoating of him is tiresome.

PL since 2020 :

Sterling: played 38 : goals 11
Torres: played 28 : goals 9

Not that significant a difference. Plus Torres plays on the right and Sterling mainly on the left.

Sterling has always been a confidence player and with the crap that gets spouted on here it's no wonder he is lacking confidence if even the slightest bit of feedback reaches him.
Sterling is lacking confidence because he is reading all these posts on the forum ?

Pep showed enough confidence in him to put him in a game against one of the title challengers away from home where the game was on line. No Pep did not show the confidence in Torres but in Sterling. Sterling then got the chance to shoot at the goal with no other defenders in between and he passes sideways to Jesus. Who will give him more confidence other than himself ?

Stop trying to blame people on forums for Sterling's performance.

Stop trying to blame people on forums for Sterling's performance
My point was to the ever growing negativity towards Sterling shown by posts such as yours. It's becoming endemic across this place. Yes Sterling is missing chances, absolutely he is,
IF he managed to put away a few of those chances then he would be back to his best form of a year or two back, but he is still getting into the positions to be able to miss in the first place and his goal stats hold up against those of others playing similar roles.

Stop being so fucking simplistic as saying if we had played Torres (a right winger) instead of Sterling that he would have scored. If we had substituted Torres on then that passage of play would have been completely different. Torres wouldn't have been in that position in the first place and the chance wouldn't have existed.

Carry on slagging Sterling off by all means but don't invent ridiculous scenarios to try and justify yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.