Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

We did well to come back though, really well, in the past we wouldn't have done. Foden was great all game. Thought KDB, Jesus and Grealish were not at their best. Having said that I realise KDB and Jesus were involved in our goals.

I'm so proud of the lads this week. A draw away at Anfield is nothing to be sniffed at. Gutted we couldn't get the win, but two things characterised the three matches this week:

1. The lack of a clinical goal scoring striker.

2. Against PSG & LFC, the referees!

Milner's leg out was a foul & a yellow. The ref bottled it & for me he handed the immediate initiative to the Dippers, & within 4 minutes they score a quite brilliant second.

However, there's something different about City this season, & that's my MoTM Bernardo Silva! Again he was everywhere, & involved in everything, & aside from a 10 minute spell at the start of each half, & the 5 minutes after Milner should have bern sent off, we looked as solid as fuck!

The only thing missing was a clinical goal scorer with pace & stamina. Foden caused them problems all match & played brilliantly today. It wasn't Grealish's day. From the off, he looked fucked & tbh, he looked a bit drained against PSG too. He's played in every match this season, so I think it's time he's given a couple of matches rest to catch his breath.

Jesus seemed a bit patchy today too. There was a moment in the first half when a Dipper attack broke down, Walker found Jesus on the wing in our half & he was surrounded by 3 Dippers. However, KDB had broken into space, & instead of playing the simple & only option he had, he turned back, the 3 Dippers closed him down & relieved him of the ball, putting us right back under pressure again.

Both teams paid each other respect, but over all, I'd say City looked the better, stronger team, albeit with lack that killer cutting edge. I'd have taken the draw before the match, so to round off this week the way we have has been solid. It could have been better, but if could have been much much worse.

We're two behind the Chavs, & one behind the Dippers having played them both away, Spurs away, Arsenal at home, with ManUre to come. All things considered, we ain't done too bad & I believe there's more to come from us.

Fingers crossed the International break (Which I fuckin hate with.a passion) will be kind to us in terms of injuries & fatigue. It's gonna be a tough long season, but we've stood up to every test so far, & even though we've lost two, & drawn two, we've never been outclassed or dominated in any match this season so far. Onwards & Upwards Blues. This season promises to be a Battle Royalé!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.