Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Still not convinced of Grealish. We've Foden who plays that position so well and Sterling as backup. If only that 100m went towards a striker.
He's a good player but he doesn't hurt the opposition enough.

He might have lost his place today. Foden is at his on the left. I am sure he will get many chances to improve.

Just goes to show how much Refs can influence the game. Yellow for Cancelo which was probably his first foul of the game allowed Liverpool to target him and get them on the front foot. Had Milner got his second deserved yellow it would have completely changed the game for us and I have no doubt we would have won had they gone down to ten men. They were completely open at the end even with 11 men.
Without the soft yellow on Cancelo, Sala gets fouled before their first goal because that attempt of a tackle on the half way line was a disgrace.
Oh well I guess when Tierney opens that brown envelope left in his kit bag he can feel proud of himself.

Thought Pep’s interview was beautifully sarcastic enough, without the interviewer knowing whether it was sarcasm or not.

He did unequivocally say that those red card decisions don’t happen at Anfield or Old Trafford, though. They do if it is us at the Etihad though.

Thought i would share this Top comment with Blues from the Daily Mail match thread :

Stabby McStabberson, Finsbury Park, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago

no matter the result, DM will let ppl know that CR7 had a avocado smoothie for breakfast.

ReplyNew Comment

Rated
2 of 13 repliesSee all replies

So true bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The lads were all brilliant today, very difficult to play at that cesspit in the face of enough adversity to make most teams crumble, from the pathetic homer ref, to "fans" spitting at our staff, but today we kept going and showed the class of champions.

This game possibly came at a good time for us too, we now have cleared four tricky aways at spurs,leic,chelsea and dippers, all within the first seven games, and we are only two points off top. Kevin will surely improve, and so too Grealish, this season could see us retain the title and more with the grit we showed today.

Testament to our great manager and squad even without a striker, what a fcking rollercoaster........enjoy.

It is just a remarkable coincidence that teams are suddenly shit when they play us...

I was always taught that you can only play as well as the other team allows you so it works both ways. If you are better than them you are better than them. A lot of teams would have rolled over once Mane scored. City didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.