Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Will take the point but make no mistake that's 2 dropped and a missed opportunity despite never being in the lead.

If anybody ever thinks we don't need a striker just watch that. The amount of times players looked up to see an empty box and force us to stall and ultimately go backwards was unreal. Even a Danny Ings level of player challenges for the golden boot in this side. We're basically playing with 10 men every week because whoever plays in the false 9 is garbage, Sterling, Torres, Grealish all anonymous in that position, foden being adequate at Stamford Bridge is the best it's got and he's too good elsewhere to be doing that, as seen today. Its criminal we've handicapped ourselves so badly this season. I've no issue with us playing without a striker. The problem is we don't have a striker nor do we have a false 9. we just have an abundance of similar midfielders taking turns to sacrifice their game this week.

Tierney can fuck right off, I'm very much not in the large tin foil brigade we have on here but there's zero reason for milner not being sent off. Zero. I couldn't even begin to think of a possible explanation however warped it may be to offer for it potentially not being a yellow yet it will get brushed under the carpet entirely. really hope Pep loses the plot with it and just mentions it every single press conference going forward just to get media response, we're far too nice in the media and that was a points costing decision.

today can be summed up by simply saying we were excellent in our own two thirds but toothless upfront, it's a problem, a big one, it's cost us points again and it won't be the last time. I'm content with a point, 4 from Stamford Bridge and Anfield is nothing to scoff at and I'm very happy with the overall performances but that should be 3 wins this week and 3 comfortable wins at that not 1 win, 1 draw and a defeat.

We've seen the champions today, it's City again, ladies and gents!

The proverbial penny has been dropped this week and nobody will last the pace with this team as it moves through the weeks ahead.

Winter is coming...

are we going to get a striker??

Fuck the candle merchants, and they can fuck off some more.

In the words of Pep, I’m so so happy. So glad they didn’t have the last laugh. Draw is ok but I wish City won that…especially after the atrocious officiating. I hate the fact I speak about refs but I loathe the fuck out of every single one of them as individuals because they get away with shit week after week but if I fuck up at my job, I’m getting the boot.

Nonetheless, glad the lads pulled it back. Showed fight and character. Bernardo most definitely hates them as much as we do and I’m happy he didn’t have to come away with a loss. Some players weren’t really a 100% but things can only get better.

Onwards and upwards. Come on City!

edit: typo

Last edited:
Great to see the team fighting back like that. Heads did not go down so full credit. Two visits there and 4 points. Kev was poor and still not back to his best. However, like all good players he can deliver with one ball. Phil and Bernardo were superb. Jack needs more time to settle in and going to be a big player for us. The only downside was Klopp reacted at half time and changed tactics. It took us a while to make our tactical changes to negate theirs. Rodri tackle what can you say, just brilliant. Think we are also missing Stonesy, not just defensively but bringing the ball out. The shocking Milner non yellow card was clearly a case of what Pep said. See PSG we’re beaten by Rennes today! We all know what we need and think we are going to have buy in January. In the big games we need to take our chances.

Another fantastic game from Bernie. Ederson had a very good game too apart from his mistake at the end.
As for the referring performance, let's just say if that was against the rags under baconface, then Tierney would be demoted and not allowed ref the rags for a long time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.