Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Time to move on, suprised to read yesterday dippers had only won 1/7 before yesterday so now 1/8 and before long it will be 1/9.
I hope we get them in the cups as well to really shove it up them.
Nothing to fear from them (excluding refs/var)

Utter rubbish. How do you know ? If we had Haaland on the pitch yesterday would those same chances have happened? We might have actually lost the game as he might have played instead of foden ?
If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.
LOL...calm down mate. You need to chill out

So basically what you are saying is we DONT need a CF, and having one wont make us hit a higher level

Okay

Brilliant performance, a few players still off key but that makes us look even better as there's more to come. Was a bit disappointed in Eddy for both the goals tbh, Alison made a couple of saves for them at least that kept them in it and i thought both of there's were good finishes but Eddy didn't really get near either.
Bernardo though, what a man! And i also thought Cancelo going forwards was great, unfortunately two lapses where he let Salah for for both of theirs but on a good day he could've had a hatrick of assists.

Its easy to blame the ref, he made mistakes, the worst of which was Milner should have walked when he took our Bernardo.

I am going to forget the ref though, you don't have a game without them and I am not buying any conspiracy theories about the league being bent, but you are welcome to believe them if that makes you feel better.

We played very well, as ever though we were profligate with Phil and Kev missing two great chances, yet they also both scored and whilst Phil was superb, Kev was strangely subdued. Me and my mate both thought that the assault on him in the CL Final by Rudiger has unsettled him and it will take some time for him to be back to his very best, he is too good not to be.

As for the game itself, it was fascinating that we didn't press them high like we did with Chelsea but instead concentrated on controlling the midfield whilst Phil and Jesus stopped their full backs getting forward. Centrally Rodri was superb, he was winning the midfield duels and Bernardo was brilliant at closing supply lines and springing forward. With Cancelo and Walker stepping into midfield we continually outnumbered them and mostly stopped the supply to their forward line. Thing is when the other team has a player like Salah you ain't going to keep him quiet for 90 minutes. In those 90 minutes he did two things of note, he made a brilliant assist and scored one of the goals of the season. Liverpool always have to score great goals against us because they do not dominate against us like they do against other sides. We deserve a lot of credit for our resillience, to twice go behind and come back to level at Anfield is some rare for any team and on balance we were the better team overall and they will be happier with a point because they could have been on the end of a hiding of Phil or Kev had taken those chances and we had got our noses in front.

It is disappointing we only got a draw but I would have taken it before hand considering the week we have had and the result there will be a big boost for the lads who know now its going to be a proper battle this season but we have a slight edge and have Chelsea and Liverpool to come at the Etihad.

My man of the match was Bernardo, he was superb and it is great to see him back to his best after a lacklustre season. Shout outs too to Phil who is really blossoming into a potential world class player and to Rodri whose block tackle at the end was amazing and who had a very good game overall.

We have proved we are the team to beat this season and if anybody does finish in front of us in the league they will have to have had a fucking brilliant season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.