Liverpool (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect you won't be far off with that team. I think Yaya needs to start though and I would probably sacrifice Silva for that.
No chance that Silva doesn't start.

I can't see him leaving Sergio out, and for me the only choice Pep has to make is Yaya or Sane - personally I think Pep will go with the slightly more defensive selection to start and choose Yaya, with Leroy coming on in the second half.

If we can go in level at half time we will do them, the key is not being 2 down in the first half hour, and consequently I hope that Pep's plans are all about keeping them quiet and slowing the game down early doors.

Pep's plans may well be to slow it down early on, but he cannot legislate for basic errors from our defenders.

same tactics as barca at home for me, sit deep and let them have the ball at the back, as soon as they play the ball into the middle swarm all over them and hit them on the break.. Its their home match the onus is on them to come at us.

It's easy to overstate the importance of fixtures, but I feel our whole season may very well turn on this game.

Pep needs a break-out game to properly stamp his identity on this league and this is the perfect opportunity .

I agree with the second part of your post I have quoted because it's undeniably a great opportunity.

However, if we don't seize it, there will be others before too long. I think the home game is more of a yardstick. Beating Arsenal was a statement notwithstanding the press interpretation that it was Arsenal's weakness that lost it. Barca was an opportunity to make a statement which we did. In style.

Opportunities are coming thick and fast now so I'm not sure this one stands out for me except in a positive way if we do get a result.

Haha. You never change do you.

I'm still disappointed at what Pep did at Leicester. They won only 4 games this season and the other 3 teams were Swansea, Burnley? and Crystal Palace. If Pep manages a win at Anfield, I will forgive him though.

I'm still disappointed at what Pep did at Leicester. They won only 4 games this season and the other 3 teams were Swansea, Burnley? and Crystal Palace. If Pep manages a win at Anfield, I will forgive him though.
What did Pep do about the first three minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.