Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We couldn't cope last night as soon as Atalanta upped their intensity on man to man.

Top many crap out balls to players with their backs to the play, lazy returns, evidenced with that crap half touch from Gundo which led to the Bravo sending off.

Even before the red card, Bravo was forced to come racing out to head clear, there is just so much space in behind our defenders.

Sterling just can't be arsed getting across quickly enough to support Mendy when teams go wide.

I'm not sure what Pep can do to avoid us getting a tonking, as the current injuries expose our deficiencies to the maximum.

Personally, I hope we go for legs.

Three at the back.

............... Ed (hopefully).........

........ Walker.. Stones...Otamendi
Cancelo .. Fern...Foden..De Bruyne.. Mendy
.......................Sergio.... Sterling.....
Where has the high press gone????

Where has winning the ball back gone???

We are getting lazier & slower to react as every week passes.

Dino has to move back in HM we can't afford to leave Gundo there.

Fodan s a definate for me but Mendy offers Fuck all IMO, when he receives the ball I just think A. He gives it away B how long to get under controll but worse he is shit at picking up but injuries to Zinchenko doesn't help
No doubt about it we have lost the spark & need to react.
We need balls of steel & players who need to go to war with the manager, this week he finds out where this team finishes, a heavy defeat & it's a tough journey ahead.

Chelsea have the bit between there teeth & so do Liecester, we have to pick.it up & it starts against these horrible twats on Sunday.

I so fucking hope we pull it off & Sterling gets the winner.

Just noticed that the bookies have us as slight favourites, which considering our issues and the fact it is at Anfield is a bit of a surprise. Last season Pep had the upper hand in the matches with Liverpool. He kept Klopp guessing right up until the start of the match (remember the German walking right up to our warmup and studying our team?). I expect a similar clever twist with his approach but I make the dippers the favourites not us and expect a draw.

fernandinho on #LIVMCI: “We go there and try to win the game. The mentality is always try to win the game, as we did [against Atalanta] from the first minute."

"There's always a first time in life, no? We are searching for this first time to win at Anfield. I am confident we can go there and try to win the game. We are going to train and the medical staff are going to check him [Ederson]!"

Well the one stat that really shows their efficiency is the conversion of games into points even when they’ve played poorly.
They are regularly scoring late late goals, albeit being gifted them either by the opponent or the officials.
Point is they will play on until the 95th minute knowing all they have to do is get it into the box and then it’s a lottery.
We have to be on our best form, concentration and decisiveness from start to finish.

Listen, my post does come across as negative and it is I suppose, but I’m still hopeful that we will turn up for such a big game despite our injuries.
But that hopefulness doesn’t ease the dread.
Just the way it is.

Didn’t think you were being that negative. Was just surprised myself by how similar stats were. I agree, they are winning matches & that’s what counts. As I said I’d be more than happy with a point.

Lot of nerves on show here recently. It's at Anfield, fair do's, and we don't have a track record, but it is doable.
For all you peeps who are nervous of a crushing defeat, I suggest the following technique to help you out.
Get up, walk to the bathroom, look in the mirror, give yourself a big slap around the chops and say "man up you tit"!!!
Cos being the head honcho's is what these games are about. It's what we should live for.
Can't handle it? Then stalybridge Celtic are looking to bolster their crowds!!!

NO BERNARDO in any of them teams, yet when we beat them 2-1 at home he was outstanding
Ederson, Walker, Stones, Ota, Mendy, Kdb, Dihno, Foden(but he will pick Gundogan), Bernardo, Sterling, Kun...
You can swap Bernado for Ilkay. One or the other. I just want 5 mids with Wingbacks

How about this ??
......................bravo ....................
Walker .....stones ........mendy ....
Cancello .......................angelino...
.......kdb ............fern..................sterling .

...................bernardo......................
..................kun/ or jesus........
Keep ottamendi and gundogan out of this one to fast.​

The media should be asking questions of Klopp and he should state in no uncertain terms that no liverpool fans should go anywhere near the team coach. Let’s see if they all have the bottle (excuse the pun) to call out the vermin for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.