Liverpool (A) - Sun 10th Mar, 15:45 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp trying to put out fires in his press conference.

Think he knows our players are using those comments as extra motivation.

The Allez Allez Allez song seems to be boiling piss again on Twitter, I feel we need to bring it back and tweak a little. Change Sterling won the Double to Haaland won the treble. Then something about Trent being a shithouse. Do your thing BM
Surely you change Sterling to Erling

Don't think Alison does save more shots ,he did a season or 2 ago.The last year though Ederson has improved and Alison has got slightly worse if anything. Ederson is the better all round keeper now.
Might be my bias but forwards just seem to be so much more clinical against us and shit the bed against them. I’m sure the shots faced vs goals conceded would back this up so it’s either that or Allison vs Ederson

Everybody thinking defeat is on the cards and I understand that as they get loads of help from the referee at Anfield.

However the BBC doing their combined team thing got me thinking.

Imagine you're selecting a team to play Real Madrid in the CL final.

I reckon the absolute maximum number of Liverpool players is 3. You can make a case for zero.
Allison in goal as he saves more shots
Robertson at LB as we don't really have one.
Salah obviously.
He's the only one who gets in the front 6.

Given all that, shouldn't we be thinking of winning there.
Id take the ones wearing black at least

On paper and on a neutral pitch you might have a point. But Liverpool are a different side at home vs serious opponents that they treat like a cupfinal. Sunday is such a game.

Than again I like to think we have grown as a club (yes the overall departments) after winning the treble and the CL being one of them.
Furthermore we can look back at some great performances at Anfield, even if the result and refereeing decisions didn’t go our way. That’s why I think if there’s one opponent they and the ones supporting them, fear, it’s us: Manchester City, treble winners. Let’s have them and that should be the attitude of our players and our fans that are brave enough to visit that pile of shit at Anfield Rd.

Every team has a ground they struggle at. It's not always easy to explain. Was it St James' Park where Mourinho struggled at with Chelsea? Liverpool beat Forest at their place for the first time in donkeys last weekend. Liverpool have generally been better than us over the previous decades and our success coincided with an improvement from them too. They don't lose to many at home, it's not just us that struggle there. We should have won there more than we have done, but recent performances have been a lot better. We've kept it tight and been the better team on our past four visits. But it's W1 D2 L1 overall. You can believe there's a hoodoo or you can focus and go and do what it takes.

I expect us to play exactly how we did in Madrid, almost as if there's a home tie to come. Rather than that high risk pass across the pitch or swinging it into the box, we'll take that extra touch, play the safe pass and control the game. I've said a few times, their chances usually come from us losing the ball in attacking areas. Allison was clearly under instruction to pump it forwards quick at our place. Salah was played through twice last season following us losing the ball in their box. Haaland's not particularly good in the air, and his chances against Van Dijk make it even less likely he'll score so I'd imagine rather than try and cross it we'll just keep the ball and make sure we also keep our defensive shape.

Thing with Anfield is you could be winning 0-2 with 10 mins to go and still draw or lose it! They play with some sort of frenzy when they get a goal the crowd gets so load the referee is intimidated more!

Best way is to keep calm control the game till the 90th minute then score in the 8th minute of extra time..

Thing with Anfield is you could be winning 0-2 with 10 mins to go and still draw or lose it! They play with some sort of frenzy when they get a goal the crowd gets so load the referee is intimidated more!

Best way is to keep calm control the game till the 90th minute then score in the 8th minute of extra time..
That can happen at home against Crystal Palace as well.
Football isn’t an exact science. It’s why we love it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.