Liverpool (A) - Sun 16th Oct, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
irrespective of their result tonight sunday is always going to be tough, 1 win in 19 years. Our away form hasnt been the best and i think an area where we have been worse than other years - Newcastle, Fulham, Villa, all games where we have been under the pump for long periods and Liverpool are a better side than these teams. Was really confident a few days ago but diminishing as we get closer - will take a scrappy 1 nil.

irrespective of their result tonight sunday is always going to be tough, 1 win in 19 years. Our away form hasnt been the best and i think an area where we have been worse than other years - Newcastle, Fulham, Villa, all games where we have been under the pump for long periods and Liverpool are a better side than these teams. Was really confident a few days ago but diminishing as we get closer - will take a scrappy 1 nil.
Well considering we haven't lost a league game since beginning of last season, i would say that ain't too bad.

The result tonight is largely irrelevant, as was ours last night. They are potentially there for the taking, but it’s still going to be extremely tough. Can’t really remember the last time they lost at Anfield, maybe during lockdown? Would snap your hand off for any kind of scrappy win, and a draw wouldn’t be a bad result, but hope we really go for it.

Team for me should be:

Ederson
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Cancelo
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Grealish
Foden
Haaland
Same but Cancelo on the right, Akanji and Dias inside and Ake on the left...

You'd play the best midfielder on the planet as a winger? And sacrifice Foden on the right, who is our best presser, to accommodate that?
I'm not sacrificing foden, he's still miles better on the left than the right, he should always be starting on the left, he can press just as well from either side. He can whip in balls with his left foot like the chance Haaland hit the post with against Southampton.

Kdb finds himself out wide for a significant period when he plays in midfield, it's not a major change for him, gives him less responsibility defensively so we can have him higher up the pitch. we all know about his quality whipping in balls in behind. Against their high line its the easiest route through.

Awful record there and they always step it up. However, we have outplayed them on the last few trips and the covid 4-1 battering got thw monkey off the back. We should have won last season and a couple back there was the late missed pen of course, to win the game.

They're shocking at the back and we should just go and attack them. They might score a couple but we could get 6 or 7. Rangers are shite so tonight means nothing. They thought last week was a revival when they won 2-0 but then got beaten by Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.