Liverpool (A) - Sun 3 Oct 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday isn't the time to rest your best players.Couple that with the consequence of Sterling starting.....and it would be a brainfart up there with Pep's classics.
Very much doubt he starts as Jesus and Foden are certs and Grealish is almost certain too. If he did start only place i wouldn’t mind him would be on the right with Jesus down the middle. Won’t happen but main reason I wouldn’t mind that would be to get Foden on the left and play with genuine width. Don’t like him playing as a false 9 one bit but obviously the team played well last week so expecting same again.

So they drew a game, that was a brilliant one by the way because they were thinking let’s save energy? Almost lost because they were saving energy to play a bag of shite in Europe on the Tuesday or do you think they were thinking 8 days ahead and saving this energy for us?

It was obvious that their pressing game was crap vs Brentford. When it's good, teams like Brentford struggle to come out of their half. Teams don't run and press in the same manner in every game. For instance, our energy levels vs Southampton were really poor. That the game between Liverpool and Brentford was brilliant doesn't imply that Liverpool were at their physical best. It's the opposite: they didn't close down Brentford well and allowed them to play and attack. Klopp knows well that the spin of his team is a bit oldish and that their energy levels have to be carefully managed if they want to avoid another collapse. They still could have easily won that game if they were more clinical in the 2nd half and more concentrated in defence.

Also, it's perfectly reasonable to manage the energy levels of the team when your entire game vs top teams is based on superiority wrt running and sprints. Liverpool will run much much more vs City than they did vs Brentford, does anybody doubt it?

there should be no excuse for tiredness etc as the dippers played on the same night and in portugal so that doesnt come into the equation.
Unfortunately they had an easier game and were able to substitute off key players early in preparation for Sunday.

It’s games like this that I miss Vinnie in the changing room, he would definitely be shouting ‘it’s the first 20 min, they will come at us be strong” no mistakes lads, I hope some fucker else is shouting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.