Liverpool are right, we can never equal their history.

Totnes Blue said:
Dale Blue2 said:
By the way the "World Series" isn't a global competition that only the Yank's take part in.

Originally back in the day, the play off's were sponsored by the World Newspaper. Hence the World Series

Long since dissolved but the name stuck....

I personally don't want to emulate anyone elses history. Lets make our own!

The Yanks even call the superbowl the "world championship"....Twats.

Well I must admit, I have never heard it called a "world championship", but if we are being critical about countries having a closed off competition then what do you call "The Ashes"?

BTW, Good call on the World Series thing, as most people don't know that.

Limmer said:
Totnes Blue said:

Well I must admit, I have never heard it called a "world championship", but if we are being critical about countries having a closed off competition then what do you call "The Ashes"?

The Ashes is a test series with a different name to represent the trophy. There's still a WORLD Cup.

Actually the world series has never been sponsored by The World newspaper, that is a myth. The yanks believe it really is the world series.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Limmer said:

The Ashes is a test series with a different name to represent the trophy. There's still a WORLD Cup.

Can't really complain about what the Americans call their own leagues/competitions... having a Premier League, a Championship AND a League One ffs.

Limmer said:
Totnes Blue said:

A set of bails were burnt to represent the death of english cricket,after we lost a series to the aussies for the first time.These ashes are specifically related to England and Australia only.

I don't have a problem with Liverpool or the rags shouting about what they've won over the years.

It's the natural thing to do when you're fucked financially,your whole view of your place in the footballing world suddenly under threat,and with the future looking pretty shite.

You can argue about the way the rags have enabled themselves to get in the dominant position they've enjoyed since the PL inception,and to an extent the hypocrisy and ignorance of many of their fans,but that's about it.

If you really want a laugh about how clubs see themsleves in the footballing grand scheme of things-have a chat with fans of spuds and everton.

But be prepared to set aside a good few hours....and get a list of "runners up" honours and fabled stories of "a million on the waiting list."

;-)

yaba daba BLUUUUUE said:
Liverpool are right, we can never equal their history.

Take a look at the history of the premier league. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/erfolge/wettbewerb_GB1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premi ... b_GB1.html</a> As predicted at a time of its formation, the premier league is simply a case of richest club wins.

Take another look, City have won the Premier League exactly the same number of times as Liverpool. NONE.

cleavers said:

Take another look, City have won the Premier League exactly the same number of times as Liverpool. NONE.

How dare you say that? It doesn't matter whether or not the Dippers have ever won the Prem League. All that matters is the fact that they have a divine right to win it and we don't.

Pam said:
cleavers said:

How dare you say that? It doesn't matter whether or not the Dippers have ever won the Prem League. All that matters is the fact that they have a divine right to win it and we don't.

Sorry Pam.

It'll be great when we win it next year though (May 2011 obviously), it'll be 1-0 City, though I prefer 3-0 personally.

BlueInBury said:
If history is so important then could someone please tell me why the fuck these scousers are still going to Anfield every week to watch their team? Surely if history was the important thing they'd be better off at home watching dvd's of their past victories?? Talking about the importance of history is the kind of bollocks i used to come out with when we were shit. Its just an easy way of ignoring reality!

Haha, too right, shower of reminiscent b**tards the lot of em. I hope they go into admin. sink the f**kers please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.