Liverpool away, arsenal away within 48hrs

notts blue said:
suprised at that date for the cc game as liverpool are at chelsea same night i think!

Still probably 10 miles apart!

I think the days of meeting up for a ruck at euston are long gone...Thats if there were any trains to catch!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
notts blue said:
suprised at that date for the cc game as liverpool are at chelsea same night i think!

I think the days of meeting up for a ruck at euston are long gone...Thats if there were any trains to catch!
ha,ha never rule out the scallies mate!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Remember Xmas 1991 - played at Anfield Boxing day and home to Wolves the next day - won them both with pretty much the same team!!!!
Heady days indeed lol
The Wolves game was 2 days after the Anfield game assuming you mean 81 and not 91. Although we did play against Everton away on Boxing day and Wolves at home the next day in 80.

Old age eh? lol.

bluesmith said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Remember Xmas 1991 - played at Anfield Boxing day and home to Wolves the next day - won them both with pretty much the same team!!!!
Heady days indeed lol
The Wolves game was 2 days after the Anfield game assuming you mean 81 and not 91. Although we did play against Everton away on Boxing day and Wolves at home the next day in 80.

Old age eh? lol.

Preston away on the Sunday and Grimsby at home on the tuesday, both league games so nothing new in playing two games in three days, and nw we have a squad big enough to cope with the extra games.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
notts blue said:

Yes, but reason given for neither of the CC games moving to the Wednesday was Spurs at home in Europa, can understand the impact on our game but can understand Liverpool's point that they should have been able to move their Chelsea tie to the Wed.

NDJ said:
Not on at all if you ask me I'm sure they could move the Liverpool game to the Saturday but I couldn't see sky letting it happen at all.

Couldn't see another thread so mods merge if there is

Eh? This is good for us. If the game gets moved to the Saturday, the players only have Thursday/Friday off in between Napoli and Liverpool. That would mean a massive deterioration in our likelihood of winning. As it stands, we have the squad to cope, Liverpool don't. That's why Dalglish is kicking off, and we're not.

TTS said:
NDJ said:
Not on at all if you ask me I'm sure they could move the Liverpool game to the Saturday but I couldn't see sky letting it happen at all.

Couldn't see another thread so mods merge if there is

Eh? This is good for us. If the game gets moved to the Saturday, the players only have Thursday/Friday off in between Napoli and Liverpool. That would mean a massive deterioration in our likelihood of winning. As it stands, we have the squad to cope, Liverpool don't. That's why Dalglish is kicking off, and we're not.
Eh?we play Napoli on the Tuesday, so Saturday would be perfect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.