Liverpool (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Liverpool v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Delphinho not leave the left hand side as open as the last time, where Mendy was always in their last third, thus leaving a big hole behind him.
In the home game we played with 3 at the back and wing backs. That is where the space is. I would presume we will play with 4 at the back and although Delph has been great there, we could play Danilo who has more pace.

To be fair, Van Dijk is a better defender than Stones and an equally good if not better footballer. Luckily for us we have Fernandinho to protect the back four.
so what you are saying is we had signed him, VVD would of lined up with Otti and John would of been on the bench. Think he was one of the reasons that we struggled to score as many when he was out injured. Think John has improved so much against the big strikers, who doesn't get bullied this season. Although VVd is a good defender, its amazing how he has turned into Baresi/Maldini after 1 game for the bin dippers.

In the home game we played with 3 at the back and wing backs. That is where the space is. I would presume we will play with 4 at the back and although Delph has been great there, we could play Danilo who has more pace.
Good call, I still think Pep will go with Delph, as he was fit for Tuesday, but kept in cotton wool for the weekend. Only my opinion mind, as you stated Pep could put Danilo there for pace, to try and push dippers back.

By that logic, Stones should have looked much better at Everton because he was playing with inferior players. However, he was actually making frequent mistakes defensively and in possession. In theory, VVD should get even better under a more tactically astute coach and alongside better players.

Have they replaced Klopp in the last half an hour?

We all know it's gonna be one of the trickiest awaygames we face this season. And our record over there is poor to say the least. Klopp made Anfield a fortress, despite dropping various points by drawing vs mediocre opposition. They are however difficult to beat.
Than again we have never been playing better football this year and especially versus the other topteams we look like we can even step up. We have been breaking records so it's time we break the hoodoo and beat Liverpool at their own ground. If we drop points it won't matter much, but if we do I desperately want us to get a draw. Can't stand Liverpool beating us and create the 2014 atmosphere all over again other than the difference in points.

I think the side will pick itself. Pretty much everyone knows the starting 11 unless Pep has a tactical change in mind. If we can play like we have been doing vs the other topteams I see no reason why we can't grab a result and probably win.

To be fair, Van Dijk is a better defender than Stones and an equally good if not better footballer. Luckily for us we have Fernandinho to protect the back four.
who has VVD actually played this season? Stones has been immense in Europe, scoring away at Napoli for instance and generally bossing our defence on a weekly basis.
One slip up and suddenly he's worse than VVD, who's had 1 good game this season, and sat on the bench for the rest in a big sulk.
1 game doesn't make a season.

who has VVD actually played this season? Stones has been immense in Europe, scoring away at Napoli for instance and generally bossing our defence on a weekly basis.
One slip up and suddenly he's worse than VVD, who's had 1 good game this season, and sat on the bench for the rest in a big sulk.
1 game doesn't make a season.
I guess we'll find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.