Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Funny how you can never admit they were the better team.
If they'd actually played us off the park then I'd probably accept it but they aren't actually very good.

What they do have is good physicality, a good set of finishers which they can rotate, and watching them hit the deck after every tackle, I'd say they were better at cheating than us.

Is that enough?

Reactions: CC1
I saw it on Twitter

Looks likely that ball was in-play because the corner flag and the goal posts also look out of play on that shot because the camera isn’t directly in-line with the byline.

I'm really sorry your group was hassled and provoked. I can't see the point and it's completely unnecessary. You can't begrudge fans celebrating a win if that's all they do but there's no need to go on to have a go like that.

As for the Hillsborough silence, I can understand if what was going on was not understood or it was concourse singing (I remember thinking it sounded a bit remote at the time). I've read others here saying it was deliberate and I guess you always get a few but even a few is worth the apology in this case.

What's worrying is the worsening of attitudes between clubs. It's always been a decent club and I for one was happy when City won it that first time in such a long time (even happier when we won it after a similar wait of course). Seems there's an increased nastiness on both sides - on and off the pitch, which is a crying shame. The closer teams are the worse it seems to get but City and Liverpool have been close enough recently (and City have had the better of it in the PL at least), so I don't get the change or why it's happened.

I was watching a video of a fan on YouTube, who was absolutely obsessed with doing down the fans, repeating stuff over and over. Clenched fists - almost sobbing with frustration. No matter that it was about people dying at a football match. All right, she was p*ssed but it wasn't the football that bothered her, it was the fans.

Just one example and there'll be many others on many other themes from lots of different clubs. Something broken there and it's not just football.
Nicely put mate, we all know there are decent Liverpool fans of course there are, I know loads and they're fine. It is only the dickheads who spout off about no history City, no fans etc etc who we get pissed off with.
Real Liverpool fans know different I hope, probably the younger lot who are too blinkered to accept the truth

Like a few Blues my ticket didnt activate on Saturday so I didnt get in.

Tried to talk to Supporter Services as not a happy bunny but got no response, does anyone have a contact at the club I could email directly?
mancity@mancity.com
Put "for Luke" in the subject

He sorted out a longstanding seasoncard issue for me today. Very helpful and if it can be sorted, he'll sort it.

While most Blues present did respect the minute’s silence, and some of it may have been concourse singing, there were loads in the ground behind the goal who started chanting City and they knew what they were doing Tim, and that was fucking shameful, as were those booing. I hate the dippers with a passion, I hate their victim mentality (such as booing the national anthem), but there’s a time and a place if people want to be disrespectful cunts, and yesterday wasn’t it.

I also thought our support was shocking yesterday. Row upon row in where I was were sat on their hands the entire game, but let’s be honest it was the same everywhere. We can take the piss out of the dippers being Norwegians, we can give it “spot the scouser on the kop” but they were very fucking loud yesterday, from before the kick off, and all of them seemed to be singing, we never get that, too many can NEVER be arsed. Someone in front of me turned round to my 13 year old who was angry at the fact nobody was singing and said “well we all support City in our different ways”, quick as a flash my 15 year old said “yeah but not by fucking telepathy”. On this occasion he wasn’t told off for swearing.

I find it hard to criticise our lack of numbers yesterday but it was at best disappointing. My lads said it was “pathetic” and I tried explaining to them that when people criticise our support and history our support from around 1978 to 2011 was our history (of that period), and we were famous for our loyalty; “not any more dad” was the response, and it was bloody hard to argue.

As regards the team selection and performance, it was really disappointing but tbh I was more gutted last Sunday than yesterday, the PL IS more important and it hurts more when you batter the opposition and don’t win than it does to lose when you don’t turn up, players and fans. At least there’s one less PL game to squeeze in now. Not great but it’s a crumb. Let’s hope Chelsea win today and give the dippers a really hard game, and a beating.

As for the dippers fans, as loud as they were in the ground, they were unbearable cunts outside it, the only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner. Our group of 4 was aged 13,15, 63 and 71, hardly a threatening mob, but the number of dippers who came up to us and tried to provoke trouble was despicable. I thought they were actually worse than the villa fans at Wembley.

Not a good day, a fucking shocker, but let’s hope the injured and tired players recover and regroup and win the 2 remaining trophies. And let’s hope our fans do our job, in our own fucking ways of course
Top post. Can only agree with you about how loud they were and how quite we were. Just watched the game tonight against Man U and again very loud to a man, everyone joining in young and old. No excuses from our support now. This team needs us and we need to support this team from start to finish. Noted also the Kop all stayed afterwards and Klop did his usual fist bump to them and they responded. Note to city fans,stay behind and clap this wonderful team of current champions off the pitch instead of disappearing with 10 mins to go. Sorry to hear about your trouble after the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.