Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

if we pick up the champions league then nothing else matters ? Not my thinking but the club.
could understand the line up and i did say it could go one or the other and the first 20 minutes are key ?
but why rest ederson knowing they use the press really well and target the keeper ???

yes i feel hurt but its for the fans that made the trip and had to watch that in the first half wow

also why have the media got over the top with some of the city fans singing over the minute silence ?? they been doing it for years at united and nothing is said ? even the media tv turn the fan mic's down around the pitch ? look its not a law or rule to follow the minute silence. yes its respect but like i said they never respect anybody else

There is a good chance we could play Liverpool in the Champions League final, and like Chelsea with Tuchel last season when we lost twice, we couldn’t win against them once this season and we had three chances. While we were better in the two league performances, it still doesn’t look good for that one game
I'd be pretty confident with our best 11 starting. I would still rather play Villareal if we got to the final though.

people talking bit too much imo what if we face them in final of CL and how we beat them there...

play like this against Real, or like we played Atletico in 2nd half with being unable to string passes together and give away cheaply constantly and Benzema will have no issue of doing what he did to PSG or Chelsea already...
thats a motherfucking top striker there who is currently in the form of his life probably. give him and inch of space and he will show Jesus, Sterling, Foden, Mahrez what clinical means...

last thing i am worried now is what if we get Pool in CL final.

we had increbile fixture list in April so far, but no one gives a shit end of the day, Brighton aint gonna lie down for us just because we are tired now. they went to Spurs and Arsenal with lot lesser squad and players and grabbed 6 points. they could have used and excuse of the much lesser squad but football does not work like that.

this was the last game we could afford to lose this season (albeit it cost us a big chance for a trophy) and Atletico 2nd leg was the last game where we were able to afford a 0-0 draw imo.

season start on Wed night for us, and more than likely we will be 2 points behind Liverpool at the moment so there is lot of added pressure on that Brighton game.

Liverpool won the 1st half, City won the 2nd. The changes in player positions and formation worked wonders after the break and who knows, if we'd started like that, could have been a different story. But that's on Pep in my view, clearly things weren't right at 0-2 and instead of making some obvious tweaks he stuck with the same plan. We've got a bigger game v Brighton on weds night and it won't be any less of a challenge as they have just won away at Arsenal and Spurs and this is a free hit for them. I'm not sure I'd give the team 5/10 for that performance and if that's Liverpool at their best I was watching a different game.

Well done to every single blue who managed to get down to Wembley today, hats off.

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.

Yes gave me fucking flashbacks the useless ****. I was at the game against Everton when Margetson was hooked at half time after being a total disaster, Steffan was just as bad.
There's been a bit too much piss arsing around at the back over the last couple of weeks tbh. Today it caught up with us.

Steffen's problem is that Ederson is so unique. He doesn't have the same skill set, but unfortunately the team play the same tactics and expect the same keeper performance. He isn't capable of pinging it to the full backs feet and he doesn't have the option of an accurate long ball. No Ederson means a different approach should have been used.

If we have fit first team , Im not concerned at all. They are ordinary and today’s game showed their flaws and weaknesses.
If we do meet them in cl , boys will be well up for it .
That ordinary team which has already won one trophy , still in three , which we have not beaten this season?

Last FA cup semi final I will be attending whilst pep is manager…. Why not play the kids in the 3rd round if you clearly have no intention of trying to win the comp….4th FA Cup semi final we’ve now lost.
We do try and win it until it becomes a lesser priority. If we were walking away with the league or didn't have a CL semi-final coming up, I'm sure we would have put out a stronger team. It's just unfortunate that the SF of the FA cup comes around at a time when we have tired players and bigger priorities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.