Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Steffen needs to come back to the States or find a club where he will play, because he’s already being talked about as USMNT back-up to a keeper who plays every week and is good!

As for Liverpool, Klopp is perfect for them…because they’re ALL loathsome!

Victims when anything doesn’t go their way and yet all beaming ULTRAWHITE smiles and backslaps when it does fall their way.

City were abysmal in the First Half, and masters of their own downfall, yet STILL had the chance to pull it back IF we had some “striker” strikers!!

Jesus just isn’t a killer. He can score some decent goals, as he did in the 2-2, but he misses far too many at this level. Just not clinical enough for a #9!

Sterling, Foden, Bernardo & Grealish were anonymous for most of the game. Simply too lightweight and harried when in possession, leading to the poorest passing performance I’ve seen in a long time!

Fernandinho worked hard, but always seems to be a step behind at the moment, and is a “tight” referee away from a red card/2 yellows in every game now.

Need another commanding presence in midfield and a real striker OR TWO.

Our build up is too pedestrian, which allows stand off teams to collapse into their usual 5-5-0/5-4-1, but puts US under pressure when the opposition press, like Palace, Soton & Liverpool! It’s also how Utd turned us over at our place a few times!

When we move forward crisply, with some urgency, we feel unstoppable. When we are slow and pressed by the opposition, we constantly look vulnerable!

For me, Cancelo is a midfielder being shoehorned into LB, and Zinchenko is a step down from there. Ake is the perfect back up LCB/LB to Laporte , but we need an ACTUAL LB…one who can defend and not just poke a leg out!

Walker is fast, but stupid, and usually has no end product going forward, either. Plus, on the wrong side of 30!

We are too small all over the field, which becomes glaringly obvious when we have Sterling, Grealish and Jesus “marking” Fabinho, Konate & VVD on dead balls into our box…AND when we send a cross into their box!!

Team rebuild is definitely not complete and I think we need a clear out this summer. Problem is, who gives us what for whom, or are there some swap deals that make sense?

Hopefully, Alvarez will bed in quickly. I’m STILL not certain Haaland comes here! I think he WANTS Real Madrid, and only Benzema (over 30) is standing in his way!

PSG looking to throw money at Mbappe, so who knows what money they might have to spend on Haaland this year?!

I think City are AT LEAST THREE TOP PLAYERS SHORT of being in the top, top echelon, because we only seem to have one way to play and when it breaks down we not only struggle, but look bang average doing it at times.

The Pep Squad is too small and lightweight to actually compete on 4 fronts, and we need to just play the kids in the Domestic Cups.

Champions League is what pays the bills and everyone knows it, so Top 4 EVERY YEAR, and hopefully our fair share of PL trophies, plus CL SF every year, winning it a few times in the next 5-6 years is what the team needs to be built for. I don’t think it is at the moment, unfortunately!

The PL NEVER helps its flagship teams in the flagship tournaments! It’s a joke! Ergo, you need a bigger “real first team” squad! We need reinforcements for that!

I could be a better manager than Pep, but I would have to be blessed with the gift of hindsight before I drew up my starting eleven. Then, having seen Zack bugger up the second goal, I would have had Walker in nets, and seeing the way the finishing went i would have put Eddie on, up front for the last half hour! He'd have twinkled toed round TheGreatestDutchmanEverToAppearInThePL, and the BBC would be crying into their beers - that the licence fee payers have stumped up for.

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Ridiculous post.

Out of the games left, this one had the lowest priority and so we rested players. Just like Klopp rested his players midweek. He was just lucky that they got a CL draw that allowed them to do that.

Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Put the glue down mate....its been a long day!

Utterly flummoxed, seriously don’t know what to say other than ‘wow’….

Somebody tell this clown the respective trophy hauls of Pep and Klopp

Last FA cup semi final I will be attending whilst pep is manager…. Why not play the kids in the 3rd round if you clearly have no intention of trying to win the comp….4th FA Cup semi final we’ve now lost.
Agree entirely. i got back from Madrid on Thursday and hadn’t felt well all week. Tested myself and had Covid. I must have had it the entire time. So I cancelled my hotel but expected to lose money for all my other (train and 2 match tickets). Then took a test early this morning - negative - so jumped on the train and booked more last minute hotel rooms for my son and i
Basically that is £600+ quid and a lot of hassle and simply playing Ederson would have been the difference. Was anybody surprised they pressed high?? something Ederson excels in. Too much money to spunk on watching a virtual reserve team for the third time on the trot next year

[/QUOTE
Prestwich has lost a patient lads!

We were absolutely fucking woeful. Today was a day for players to show they aren’t passengers along for the ride and they balked. Grealish giving Pogba vibes about there, doesn’t look remotely arsed. Steffen can leave tomorrow, we’ve a superior keeper out on loan and steffen leaking about leaving this summer to ensure he was picked today has backfired massively on him on that evidence.
Zinchenko is a favourite of mine but had a shocker today and I can’t fathom how people think Ake had a decent game when he couldn’t impose himself on the game at all. Literally everything he did well was reactive, and that’s the complete opposite of what we need.

a lot to learn from today, hopefully it galvanizes our key players into action starting Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.