Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I like your optimism but last week we drew with Liverpool. Bossing them would mean we'd taken our chances - the fact we don't is the major problem, that and not having a Fernandinho replacement.
We played them off the park last weekend and they were extremely fortunate to come away with a draw IMHO

I feel so sorry for those who spent hard earned money to watch that! If Pep had no intention of trying to win that today then he should have just took the complete U23 team and rested everyone. But once again he is a law unto himself and bizarrely puts out a 50/50 half arsed team of players with no form and players who were shattered. Other than Ake and Stones the whole team and non tactics were a bloody disaster. Why you would persist with the same exhausted team for the full 90 minutes is amongst the greatest acts of obstinate stupidity I have ever witnessed.
But he’s (Pep) a god no one can criticise him. Not that it would make any difference if you did because we will never hear the true reasons behind his team selection.

That first half was on the players, individual mistakes, a lack of intensity, craft & creativity, bottle, hunger, risk & lots more. The same players turned it around second half & ran them close, was that Pep or the players? I’d say Pep gave them the platform & opportunity but it was the eleven on the pitch that produced the performance. What do you consider Peps fuck ups? Yes we could be in an fa cup final with another blood & thunder tie against a highly motivated opponent (probably Chelsea) who have nothing else to play for. But we could also be sat ere with 3-4 season ending injuries, and a squad that was shattered & demoralised and lost the game anyway. For years now our support has wanted Pep to prioritise the big two comps (like Klopp), the minute this is almost forced on him/us people are up in arms ycnmiu. Our squad has been shown as weaker than Liverpools, therefore we have adjusted accordingly, you could say roles have been reversed. Maybe the answer lies with our transfer policy, Diaz Konate & Jota for a little more than a Jack Grealish
So what if City and Jack Grealish lift the Premier League and Champions League this season whilst Liverpool win the wo domestic cups, Who will have the better transfer policy?

I really hate losing like any blue but today felt especially bad. Did anyone else feel like a good number of our players weren't really bothered? How is that possible in an FA cup semi final at Wembley against our biggest rivals currently? I've read its because we played on Wednesday. I dont buy into that. These are elite athletes. I played amatuer twice a week with a 5 a side game thrown in too. Sure I've read that the defence were not playing out from the back very well and i agree. But there wasn't anything on for them to pass to, which says to me the players in front of them were not moving into space, to give our defenders an option. So Zinchenko and Ake end up going round in circles because they are one footed and have no one in space to pass to. Loads of backwards and sideways passing again. So frustrating to see. I cannot understand how it makes sense to throw a semi final. All that money the fans paid out. I got the feeling last year going for the quadruple was too much and that was why West ham knocked us out of the carabao cup this year. I suppose the City squad is not as good as i thought. Losing Mendy, Torres and the injuries to Walker, KDB & Dias came back to haunt us. A new left back is a must.

Very disapponting,but entirely expected and predictable.

Saying that,fair play to our reserves for making their best team look very mediocre for 45 mins.

Stones MOTM.
What reserves are you talking about ? Sounds like another excuse for piss poor team selection.

Untill we can match them up top I believe we are behind

We have a wonderfull team with the best man in charge but right now No 9 in games like Sunday & today, Palace H & A, Southampton Spurs then its going to kill us

Evedant again today not even difficult chances like Sunday we shit it

Next 3 games will decide our season
In just one week we have missed three one on ones and Gundogan missed from fucking 8 yards out against Madrid with a free shot. Had that gone in, the second half would not have been anywhere near as hard as it was. Our finishing on the whole is atrocious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.