Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Hard to take today, but we can at least take some positives from the 2nd half & morale shouldn’t be too impacted for the rest of the season. There’s also no guarantee we would have won the final & now we have one less game to play than Liverpool, at a key stage of the season, which could make a difference. Also, the longer the talk is of a quadruple, the more the pressure will pile onto LiVARpool!!

At half time I feared a heavy defeat, but still galling to lose. Disappointing, but PL and CL are our priorities. If it wasn't for Zack's mistake we would be looking at extra time lm

Liverpool weren't that gr8 with their A team tbh.

Pep was sort of forced to make the sub for Jesus who was hobbling, otherwise I think he had made his mind up that these starting XI players should only finish the game off

Im not even sure why Pep just doesnt forfeit in the first round of the FA cup we are in. He obviously only sees it as a distraction anyway and dont care if we win it or not, and by putting out this team today he basically is telling the players that we are not here to win. Kills moral, kills confidence and it also gives our main rival for the two remaining trophies (they will likely win the first 2) a huge moral boost by getting an easy win against us. 17 mins in and our performance have been so abysmal its already game over. Dont really care that we do a decent second half, means nothing when the game is already over. If we manage our squad so bad that we have to rest all of our best players in a semi final against our rival, someone is doing something very wrong. I sure hope our rested players now has enough energy to win every remaining game of the season. Because this pathetic performance will surely give Liverpool enough energy to win theirs.

Disgraceful first half, bit more fight in the second. Ake was only one who could be proud of himself today. Fernandinho love the guy but his time has been and gone. Sterling never been a fan.

Positive note today was the didn't allow themselves to have their noses rubbed I it in the second half, which against the dippers would of been easy to do.

Jesus has to score that one on one, and that is the difference they have a number of killers up front.

Still the biggest two marbles to fight over, wish it wasn't Liverpool who potentially stand in the way of both. That said they are probably thinking same.

Its as if we needed a world class striker to put those chances away. Good job then we decided to spend £100m last summer on a midfielder we didnt need. We should apologise to the world of football if our ineptitude in the transfer window gifts the dippers a quadruple.
That 100m midfielder will come into his next season when he’s feeding haaland

You cant blame Pep for that second goal. Or the 3rd at the near post. Only when the season is over will we know if Pep made the right calls today.
I agree. You can't blame neither Pep nor Zack for that matter. This is the way that we have chosen to play under Pep and sometimes mistakes happen, it is just the way it is. I liked the way we finished this dire match if I take any positive notes from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.