Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

This is spot on.
We have to win one of the remaining two we are in. If Liverpool do the quad then Pep will be slammed for today. Our best 11 would have won today as I don't think we would have conceded. Ederson would have saved two goals and Laporte would have taken care of Konate at corners.

Its a massive gamble from Pep.

Next year play the kids from the start and let them go all the way in the domestic cups
"Laporte would have taken care of Konate at corners."
Ake is fast becoming our best central defender but Konate had it over our defence today in the air. Relieved he didn't get other chances. We have enough about us to deal with Liverpool in general play, including their strikers, but we mustn't allow Konate to become our nemesis in just that one area. Klopp will definetly play him whenever he plays us.

With Rodri, Reuben, Walker and Laporte present, together with Stones and Ake, we can deal with both Konate and Virgil at corners. Serious consideration for the CL Final because our all round play should bring the trophy home. Mustn't let a defender who was also lethal against Benfica spoil the party. We don't currently have a striker with heading ability to come back to help out, though next season we should have. Be it Haarland or someone else.

Why is grealish so relaxed? He doesn't put much effort
Doesn't create. Desnt pass well.
Jesus Gabriel one on one with keeper can't score

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.

Catch a few with this?

No denying we certainly weren't at our best and Liverpool deserved to win. But the Dippers didn't exactly pepper our goal, they did enough to win, but with our full team out I am confident we would perform better.

No denying we certainly weren't at our best and Liverpool deserved to win. But the Dippers didn't exactly pepper our goal, they did enough to win, but with our full team out I am confident we would perform better.
I think they maybe made the mistake of thinking it was over by half time. First half we were utter shit. The worst I have seen us play for a long time.

Yep makes you wonder why we bothered in the other rounds at times doesn't it?
Maybe because back then there was no guarantee we’d reach the ECL semi or be in a fabbo position to win the league.
I’d say it’s fairly obvious if we were say safely in 3rd, but way off the title, and out of Europe them of course he would have gone full tilt today. But we are, so he didn’t. I didn’t go today so it’s easy for me to say, but I’m fine with that choice.

On the other hand, re today, how often has Steffen made an error as bad as that 2nd goal? We put just one of our other chances away; it goes to extra time, we get a memorable victory on pens, and everyone who did go today is over the moon!

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Pmsl..Klippperty has won fuck all compared to Pep ..
Come back when the bucktoothed gurning twat has won the same amount of trophies.
Schooled by him . fuck me mate ..peps got a better recent record in head to heads against Klippperty

Come chumps league final and dippers will be running on empty.
Fixtures will pile up and all things going well we might win the league on cup final day
They won’t be fella the fa cup final is one game . When we are on song we can beat those hands down . Our second team is not good enough to go to toe with Liverpool and pep shoukd know that . Even though steffen was poor and he was total shit it was our so called strikers who once again fucked us over in the big game with the big chances . Mahrez coming on sooner could have took us into extra time in a match we didn’t deserve to win but raheem sterling has played an absolute shocker of a game there and he should be blasted for wasting a free kick when we needed it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.