Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I agree with this. Personally I think Pep decided to go for the CL and PL and ditch the FA Cup. Today was probably a step too far. I suspect that's why he didn't play most of his subs. He realised it was a lost cause. If we end up with the PL and Cl he will be a genius. If we lose the lot he will be slaughtered. I actually thought LFC were poor today but our keeper gifted them the match.
This is spot on.
We have to win one of the remaining two we are in. If Liverpool do the quad then Pep will be slammed for today. Our best 11 would have won today as I don't think we would have conceded. Ederson would have saved two goals and Laporte would have taken care of Konate at corners.

Its a massive gamble from Pep.

Next year play the kids from the start and let them go all the way in the domestic cups

Well, is it bad to say this?

It's eerie how little I'm affected by this. I've never in my life dissed the F.A. Cup, and I never will. It puts stars in my eyes as a kid. It is one the great regrets of my life that I was away at school and couldn't be at Nelly's Cup Final.
I just can't help feeling stoical: that this was a competition too far, in the present context. We have other things to look after, starting midweek. Believe it, I will feel totally and utterly fucked off if we lose out to the dippers in the league and the CL. And winning this would not have consoled me, not in a million years.
On the other hand, I really feel for the faithful who made the trek down. I very nearly flew over for this. Had the friends in the south who normally put me up been in town, I would have got a ticket. Hats off to everybody who was there. You're bigger blues than I am, probably (if that phrase has any meaning…)
You deserved better.

Slow to start handed the initiative to Liverpool. For me, Laporte should have started with Ake at left back, especially for Konate.
A howler by Steffen, but he hasn’t looked comfortable whenever I’ve seen him, he was shaky v Saints remember and was all over the place in last years semi. Also think he was slow to move for their 3rd. Jesus showed why he will never be the goal scorer we thought he would be… one chance he was too slow to shoot and the 1v1 was poor in the extreme. We were much improved 2nd half and bizarrely had 3 good chances to equalise. Poor from Ferna and Mahrez who remember had the same chance to equalise in last years CL final, lack of composure frustratingly… then Sterling, why he tried to pass it into the net instead of smashing it in, summed his game up. Is that correct we’ve lost 5 of the last 6 semis? If so, that’s criminal. Pep needs to stop with the sentimental team selections. I do hope there is no hangover from this.

Last edited:
genuinely don't know how anyone could watch laporte and rodri at the end of the atletico match and with a straight face tell me they should have started today

Pep should rebuild the whole front line.... and find someone ready to play to replace ferna... and find out what to do with Grealish..... :(

Absolutely wank! Fuming at that first half and we have basically thrown another competition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.